How to Unlock Bootloader on Honor 9 Lite (All variants)
Huawei is the leading mobile manufacturing company and with its new variants releasing every then and now it has established a good position in the Indian market. The mobiles from this company got the attention of many users and its user database is growing daily and it stood among the top mobiles that are used in India. This post is all about How to Unlock Bootloader on Honor 9 Lite!
The recent launch of Huawei is the most popular device in India. This device occupied the position in the top mobiles to buy and the features of this phone are worth the price. Huawei is well known for the advancements in artificial intelligence, Including artificial intelligence in the devices to make the experience even better for the users. The device comes with the Stock EMUI 8.0. There are many users who are not satisfied with the stock ROM and wanted to install a custom ROM. If you are one of them and looking for a way to unlock the bootloader, then this video is for you.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Honor 9 Lite?
Before we proceed further we need to highlight few things that need to be noted before unlocking the bootloader. These should be understood properly by everyone before unlocking the bootloader.
- Unlocking the bootloader method and also flashing methods are to be performed carefully. Messing up with these will brick your device.
- It may make your device vulnerable to malware. Security reasons must be properly managed.
- Most important is that unlocking the bootloader will void the device warranty.
- You will not receive any OTA updates in future from the manufacturer.
Now after understanding the above things lets get to the method of unlocking the bootloader on your device
The process of unlocking the bootloader especially in Honor 9 Lite devices is divided into three steps. Perform each step carefully.
Step 1: Prerequisites
- The most important before performing any action is to take a complete backup of your device.
- You should have a pc with the Huawei drivers & ADB and fastboot tools installed on your PC
- You should be aware of device serial number and Product id. You can enter *#*#1357946#*#* in the dialer to get these.
- And get the device IMEI number from settings and about the phone.
Step 2: Get Unlock Password from Huawei
Now you are ready with prerequisites you can proceed the next step.
- Now you should open the Huawei Unlock page on your computer and log in using your Huawei Account.
- Now after logging scroll down and click on next.
- Now click on the drop-down menu that is available there and select since EMUI 5.0
- Now you will be asked to fill the details. Fill all the details and click on commit button.
- Now after clicking the commit a unlock password will be displayed on the screen.
- Save the password on your computer.
Step 3: Unlock Honor 9 Lite Bootloader
Now after getting the password from Huawei, let’s get to the actual procedure of unlocking the bootloader.
- The switch off your device
- Connect your device to the computer by holding the volume down button.
- The device should be in the Fastboot mode now.
- Now move to ADB and Fastboot folder mostly c:/adb
- Now inside the folder hold Shift and right click on the empty space and now select Open PowerShell.
- Now type the following command to confirm your device
- Finally after confirming the device using the following command to unlock the bootloader.Note that you should replace unlock password in the following command with the 16 digit password that you obtained in step 2.
fastboot oem unlock 'unlock-password'
- When you execute the command a confirmation message is shown. Select Yes and confirm by pressing the power button.
- That’s it your device will reboot and a factory data reset will be done.
Now you have successfully unlocked the bootloader and now you can install any ROM and perform any action on your device. If you are facing any issues on How to Unlock Bootloader on Honor 9 Lite, then let us know in comments below!