Using OnePlus 6T? Want to install Custom ROMs or customise it? Then first then you have to do, Unlock Bootloader of OnePlus 6T. In this guide, we help you How to Unlock 6T Bootloader.
OnePlus launched their newest flagship-killer, OnePlus 6T a few days ago with stunning design & specs. One of the best features will be the in-display fingerprint scanner and water drop notch display. It does come with OxygenOS which is based on Android Pie.
Though, some people want to try some Custom ROM on OnePlus 6T. It required users to Unlock the Bootloader of OnePlus 6T.
Unlock OnePlus 6T Bootloader
If you want to root your OnePlus 6T, install TWRP Recovery, get Magisk or Xposed or even flashing a custom ROM, then you need to have a device with Unlocked Bootloader. You can easily unlock Bootloader of OnePlus 6T with few clicks.
The Bootloader is a part of firmware that boots up with the OS. It is programmed to boot only installing the official firmware provided by OnePlus. So in order to install other third-party firmware, you need to Unlock your Bootloader of OP 6T device.
Unlocking the bootloader for the OnePlus 6T does not require any technical knowledge or coding skills. We guide you with the easiest way which can be done with a few clicks.
This process will void your OnePlus 6T warranty. So you have to try on your own risk!! Kindly don’t try if you don’t understand what you are about to do! And do try after taking full Backup of your device, cuz this process will wipe all data on your device.
Let’s check How to Unlock the Bootloader on Your OnePlus 6T!
- Install OnePlus 6T drivers on your PC/Laptop.
- Enable USB debugging and OEM unlock.
- Install ADB and Fastboot drivers installed on your PC
- Your device should have more than 50% battery charge.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.
How to Unlock Bootloader of OnePlus 6
- First, go to the Settings > About Phone. Tap on Build number for 7 times, until you receive the small message at the bottom saying you are already a developer.
- Now go back to settings home and you will find developer options.
- Click on developer option and then scroll down to OEM unlocking and then Enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging.
- Now connect your Mobile to the PC and go to ADB directory and issue the command ‘ADB reboot bootloader’ to boot your device into bootloader.
- Now in the command window type the following command ‘fastboot devices‘ This will display your device.
- Now use the following command ‘fastboot OEM unlock-go‘. This will unlock you devise Bootloader.
- After this reboot your device and go to Settings and developer options and again enable USB debugging.
- That’s it! Simple isn’t? You have successfully Unlocked Bootloader of OnePlus 6T.
To Wrap Up
By performing the above method you can Unlock OnePlus 6T bootloader and you can have your hands on it. Your OnePlus 6T bootloader should be unlocked now and you can install a custom recovery like TWRP or even Custom ROMs.
If you have any questions while Unlocking Bootloader of OnePlus 6T or facing any issues while trying to Unlock bootloader of OnePlus 6T, then do let us know in comments below.
Don’t forget to share this guide with others. Stay tuned for more!