These days all Smartphones comes with lots of pre-installed apps which we can’t uninstall them in the usual way. These pre-installed apps are also called System Apps/Default Apps or Bloatware and most of them just drain lots of battery with no use. So the same for Xiaomi Smartphones (Mi & Redmi Series). Xiaomi devices come with more system apps and many users try to uninstall it but they can’t. You can uninstall the system app only if you root your device. But in this guidepost, we show you how to Uninstall System Apps from Xiaomi Mobiles without Root Access.
The method we gonna share will work on other Android smartphones like Google Pixel, Samsung Galaxy S8, LG G6, OnePlus 5, Honor Note 8 and more. But as of now, we focused it mainly for Xiaomi Smartphones and their MIUI system apps. As said before, it works only on all Android smartphones.
Coming back to System Apps, you can disable them but only some. But not all apps! The OEM wants to maintain control of the device they sell and the reason behind this? The only reason to make some money from the usage of these applications by collecting usage data from your phone.
Remove System Apps Without Root
Previously, rooting was the only option to remove these pre-installed apps, but not it has changed. Many users afraid to root their device, for this method you don’t have to! Also, we don’t use any system app remover or bloatware remover!
Some bunch of XDA developers came up with a solution to uninstall system apps without root access. If you are accustomed to ADB commands, then you can uninstall all System Apps or bloatware from your Android phone (No Root). Note that, uninstalling some pre-installed apps will break some of the features of your device. So pick the right system app you want to uninstall or to disable apps in MIUI.
Let’s check out How to uninstall system apps from a Xiaomi Mi or Redmi phone. Obviously, it’s about How to delete preinstalled apps on your android device.[wpsm_box type=”warning” float=”none” text_align=”left”]
This guide is for well-known Android users only. If you are well aware of what you are doing, then follow the guide. Or else don’t! This may/not harm your device. [/wpsm_box]
- Unlocked Bootloader of your Xiaomi Phone.
- Download & Install ADB Binary for your PC from below.
- Download & Install USB Drivers on your PC from the Download Section.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone.
To enable USB debugging, Go to Settings > About Phone > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
- Download & Install ‘App Inspector’ App from below.
- Need USB cable (Orginal Mi Prefered)
Download Required Tools
How to Uninstall System Apps on Android Phone?
The Uninstalling System App process consists of 2 main steps. You can’t miss any steps mentioned below. The First step let you Identify Package Name of System app and the second step helps you Uninstall System Apps.[wpsm_titlebox title=”Step 1″ style=”3″]
How to Identify Package Name of System app
As said above, you need to identify the package of system app which you want to uninstall from your device. For example, the package name will look like, ‘com. android.chrome’. It can be easily done using the App Inspector app which you downloaded before. If not, just download and install it on your device.
- Once installed, open the App Inspector app.
- Tap on a system app listed.
- You can see the package name of your app.
How to Uninstall System Apps
- Connect your phone to your PC via a USB cable.
- Locate the folder where you extracted the ADB binary.
- Open the Command Prompt in your ADB folder. For Windows users, Press Shift key, right click and select the option.
- Enter the following command, adb devices
- The system will start the ADB daemon. If this is your first time running ADB, the grant the permission.
- Now, enter the following command, adb shell
- Again, ennter this command to uninstall a system app, pm uninstall -k –user 0 Package Name
Just Replace the Package Name with original package name of the app.
(For example, ‘net. oneplus.launcher’)
- Once done, enter the command exit to exit the command prompt.
- That’s it!
Video Tutorial – Uninstall Any System App
That’s all about How to Uninstall System Apps from Xiaomi Phones without Root Access. Hope everything went well while trying out this method. If you are facing any issues or can’t able to Remove Bloatware, then share it with us.[wpsm_box type=”dashed_border” float=”none” text_align=”left”] Do Check:
- How to Switch from SuperSU to Magisk
- Hide Display Notch on Android devices Using Nacho Notch
- Install OxygenOS 5.1.8 for OnePlus 6
Let us know how it goes in the comments below! Stay tuned for more updates at Alldrodtips.com![Source – XDA]