OnePlus is always good at released up-to-date updates for all OnePlus devices. A few days back, the started rolling out the Android Pie based OxygenOS Open beta for OnePlus 6 devices and not we got the OxygenOS Open Beta 18 for OnePlus 5 and OxygenOS Open Beta 16 for OnePlus 5T. You can download OxygenOS Open Beta 18 and 16 from here below!
OxygenOS Open Beta 18 and 16 comes with more improvements on camera part which brings more stability for front camera and beauty mode for the rear camera. The update also fixes some bugs which found in the last build.
This will be an OTA update, so you have to wait until you get OTA notification on your device. It may take a few days to reach you out!
OxygenOS Open Beta 18 for OnePlus 5 and Beta 16 for 5T
Looking to Update your OnePlus 5/5T devices? Then before that, check out What’s new in OxygenOS Open Beta 18/16 for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T devices (OpenBeta for OP5/5T).
Here’s the changelog of OxygenOS Open Beta 18/16 for OnePlus 5 and 5T:
Camera – Fixed beauty mode (now applies to photos from the rear camera) – Improved stability of portrait mode for the front camera Weather – Improved stability of the Weather app System – General bug fixes and improvements
If you are impatience then you can download OxygenOS Full ROM from below and install it manually on your devices. Don’t worry, we will guide you install it easy, peasy!
- This method is only for the OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T.
- Install ADB and Fastboot tools on your computer.
- Your device should have more than 50% battery charge.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.
Let’s Check out How to Download OxygenOS Open Beta 18/16 for OnePlus 5/5T to Install OxygenOS Open Beta 18/16 on OnePlus 5/5T.
Download OxygenOS Open Beta 18/16 for OnePlus 5/5T
As of now, the updates are available via OTA and you have wait few more hours or even few days to reach the OTA on your Oneplus device. If you are in hurry, then you can use some VPN apps and choose the location to Germany or Canada to update instantly.
Also, give a try to use Oxygen Update app that let you grab the newest OxygenOS updates for your OnePlus smartphone.
If you are interested to do it manually then you can also download latest OxygenOS Open Beta OTA/Full ROM from below and flash it on your device.
Download OxygenOS Open Beta 18 for OnePlus 5 (Full ROM) – Link
Download OxygenOS Open Beta 16 for OnePlus 5 (Full ROM) – Link
Steps to Install OxygenOS Open Beta 18/16 on OnePlus 5/5T
- Enable ‘USB Debugging’ on your phone in Settings > Developer Options.
- Download the OxygenOS Open Beta 18/16 from above & Copy ROM files to a folder where ADB installed.
- Now Turn Off your OnePlus 5/5T and boot into recovery mode.
- Choose Install from USB & Connect your phone to Laptop/PC.
- On ADB folder, Right click it and select on Open Command Here.
- Now enter this command, adb devices .
- Flash the OxygenOS Open Beta 18/16 on OnePlus 5/5T by entering this command, adb sideload File Name.zip.
- Wait until the process completes and then Reboot the phone. That’s it!
To Wrap Up
By performing the above method you can Install OxygenOS Open Beta 18/16 on OnePlus 5/5T. Do follow the steps carefully or else you can brick your device. Hope this guidepost on How to Download & Install OxygenOS Open Beta 18/16 on OnePlus 5/5T.
If you face any problems do comment below and we will try to help you out. Don’t mind to share your experience with us in comments below!
Stay tuned for more details about the last beta release for OnePlus devices!
Source – OnePlus Forum