OnePlus users are having regular treats! After announcing new updates for the OnePlus 3/3T device the company continues to release the latest beta updates for OnePlus 5 & 5T. The official OnePlus forum confirms the OxygenOS Open Beta 15 for OnePlus 5 and Open Beta 13 for Oneplus 5T devices. Not a big update, yeah but with some changes and new feedback tool.
The new Feedback tool helps you report the bugs directly to the OnePlus community and share your feedback via community app. To submit a new bug report, open the Community App > Feedback > Click ‘+’ > Choose a Category > Tell your Feedback > Click on the Submit.
The new Open Beta 15/13 updates come with some bug fixes and optimised Pocket mode that prevents accidental display touches. Also, it brings the Android security patch that’s dated July 1, 2018. Yeah, it’s an OTA update!
OxygenOS Open Beta 15 for OnePlus 5 and Beta 13 for 5T
Here’s the changelog of OxygenOS Open Beta 15/13 for OnePlus 5 and 5T:
- Community – New Feedback Tool integrated into community app (Now you could submit bug reports and share feedback with our Bug hunters directly from the community App)
- System – Optimization for the pocket mode to reduce accidental touches
- System – Updated Android security patch to 2018.7
- This method is only for the OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T.
- Install ADB and Fastboot tools on your computer.
- Your device should have more than 50% battery charge.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.
Let’s Check out How to Download OxygenOS Open Beta 13/11 for OnePlus 5/5T to Install OxygenOS Open Beta 13/11 on OnePlus 5/5T.
Download OxygenOS Open Beta 15/13 for OP 5/5T
As of now, the new updates is available throughout OTA and you have wait few more hours or even few days to reach the OTA on your Oneplus device. If you are in hurry, then you can use some VPN apps and choose the location to Germany or Canada to update instantly.
Also, give a try to use Oxygen Update app that let you grab the newest OxygenOS updates for your OnePlus smartphone.
If you are interested to do it manually then you can also download latest OxygenOS Open Beta from below and flash it on your device.[wpsm_codebox style=”2″]Direct Download Links Not Available Yet![/wpsm_codebox]
Steps to Install OxygenOS Open Beta 15/13 on OnePlus 5/5T
- Enable ‘USB Debugging’ on your phone in Settings > Developer Options.
- Download the OxygenOS Open Beta 15/13 from above & Copy ROM files to a folder where ADB installed.
- Now Turn Off your OnePlus 5/5T and boot into recovery mode.
- Choose Install from USB & Connect your phone to Laptop/PC.
- On ADB folder, Right click it and select on Open Command Here.
- Now enter this command, adb devices .
- Flash the OxygenOS Open Beta 15/13 on OnePlus 5/5T by entering this command, adb sideload File Name.zip.
- Wait until the process completes and then Reboot the phone. That’s it!
To Wrap Up
By performing the above method you can Install OxygenOS Open Beta 15/13 on OnePlus 5/5T. Do follow the steps carefully or else you can brick your device. Hope this guidepost on How to Download & Install OxygenOS Open Beta 15/13 on OnePlus 5/5T.
If you face any problems do comment below and we will try to help you out. Don’t mind to share your experience with us in comments below!
Stay tuned for more details about the last beta release for OnePlus devices![Via]