Before the official release of Android Pie for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S, the company starts to roll out the latest MIUI 8.8.28 Global Beta ROM & MIUI 8.8.28 China Beta ROM for Mi Mix 2S. Check out how to Download & Install MIUI 8.8.28 Global Beta ROM on Mi Mix 2S.
Now you can download the latest MIUI 8.8.28 Update for Mi Mix 2S which is based on Android 9.0 Pie. Xiaomi released MIUI 8.8.28 for Mi Mix 2S which is available for download with some improvement and bug fixes. Xiaomi has already released Android P Alpha Builds for Mi Mix 2S. So now we got the latest beta version of Android Pie for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S.
Along with Mi Mix 2S, the Redmi Note 5/Pro, Redmi 6/6A, Mi Max 3, Mi Mix 2 and other Xiaomi devices are also eligible for Pie update. We expected these devices will get Android 9.0 based MIUI 10 Global Beta builds before 2019.
The new MIUI 8.8.28 Update comes with latest September security patch. The Beta ROM is quite stable and suitable for daily use. This post will help you download MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM v8.8.28 (Android 9 Pie) and flash it manually via TWRP Recovery.
MIUI 8.8.28 Update for Mi Mix 2S
The Android P comes with new features and improvements like new gesture-based navigation system, AI-enhanced UI, Adaptive battery features, Recent App switcher and more. The Digital Wellbeing dashboard is not available for non-Google Pixel devices. You can try it by installing Magisk Module on Mi Mix 2S.
This is not a Stable version, so the update might have bugs! As of now, the Android P Beta Build ROM comes in Mandarin and English languages. By following our guide, you can install MIUI 8.8.28 Global beta ROM without wiping your data.
To install Android 9 on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S (MIUI 8.8.28 ROM), you’ll need to Download MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM v8.8.28 for Mi Mix 2S from below.
- Install ADB and Fastboot driver.
- USB Debugging must be enabled.
- Take a complete Backup of your device.
- Make sure your phone has at least 50-60% charged.
Download MIUI 8.8.28 Global Beta ROM for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Download MIUI 8.8.28 China Beta ROM for Mi Mix 2S – Link
Download MIUI 8.8.28 Global Beta ROM for Mi Mix 2S – Link
How to Install MIUI 8.8.28 Global Beta ROM on Mi Mix 2S
You can Install MIUI 8.8.28 Global Beta ROM on Mi Mix 2S by using Fastboot ROM or Recovery ROM. Before performing the installation process, make sure you download the MIUI 8.8.28 ROM. Once you do, we can proceed to Install MIUI 8.8.28 Global Beta ROM on Mi Mix 2S.
- Go to Settings > About phone > System Updates.
- Click on the option “Choose update package”.
- Select the zip file to flash it manually.
If the above method does not work, you may try it installing by following the below method or try it via TWRP Recovery.
Install MIUI 8.8.28 Recovery ROM
- The first thing you should do it to make sure your device running on latest MIUI 8 Version.
- Now, Download MIUI 10 ROM and save it on your device.
- Now launch ‘Updater‘ app on your device.
- Click on the three-dot menu (‘…’ icon) at the top-right corner, and select the ‘choose update package‘.
- This will automatically detect the update.zip file and start installing the ROM.
- Once done, just Reboot your device.
Install MIUI 8.8.28 Fastboot ROM
- Download Mi Flash Tool, extract it and install it on your PC.
- Then, download MIUI 8.8.28 Fastboot ROM for your device.
- Now boot your device into Fastboot mode by pressing ‘Volume Down + Power‘ button.
- Once you enter the Fastboot mode, connect your device to PC via micro USB cable.
- Extract the Fastboot ROM and copy its path on the PC.
- Now open MI Flash Tool and Paste the address bar of the ROM file folder path copied from above.
- Click on the ‘Refresh‘ button & then click on the ‘Flash‘ button to flash MIUI 8.8.28 on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S.
Do Check: MIUI 8.9.7 ROM for Mi Mix 2S
Have you completed the process “Install MIUI 8.8.28 Global Stable ROM on Mi Mix 2S‘? Glad to hear!
Hope this guide post is helpful to Download MIUI 8.8.28 for Mi Mix 2S. If you are facing any issues while installing it, then let us know in comments below!
Stay tuned for more updates on MIUI Updates! Cheers!!