Moto Z2 Force got it new update Android 8.0 Oreo and Motorola doesn’t assure the handset gets the Android 8.1 Oreo Update. However, the LineageOS team has officially released the LineageOS 15.1 for Moto Z2 Force device. LineageOS 15.1 comes with latest Android security patch and its based on Android 8.1 Oreo. This guide will direct you through each step involved to Install LineageOS 15.1 on Moto Z2 Force.
Well to do install Lineage OS 15.1 on Moto Z2 Force, you need to be rooted, and TWRP installed on your device. So without wasting any more time let’s see how to Download and Install LineageOS 15.1 on Moto Z2 Force.
What is Lineage OS?
Lineage OS is the free and Open source OS based on Android. This Os is used by most of the smartphones and tablets. This Operating system belongs to the famous custom ROM Cyanogen Mod and it was first launched in the month of December in 2016. It built to support Android 8.x Nougat, while ROM Kernel is Linux 3.10.x and the ROM is based on CyanogenMod.From then there many mobile devices and tablets that came with This OS and as of now approximately about 185 models are working on Lineage OS and its user baser is around 1.5 million. And to Flash LineageOS ROM, you need Universal Bootloader and Modem packages.
The new Lineage OS 15.1 update for Moto Z2 Force, comes with new features like Android P lockdown for power menu, Cyan accent to the system UI, GDPR-complaint dialer, Dark interface, new Contacts app interface and it’s totally based on Android 8.1 Oreo.
Lineage OS 15.1 Features
The features of this new update include some changelogs and fixes,
- Trebuchet Launcher
- Snap camera
- Audio FX
- Jelly Browser
- Eleven Music Player
- Live Display
- Android P’s Lockdown
- various gestures
- Extreme power saving mode and many more.
Flashing custom ROMs will void your warranty and can brick your device if done wrong. Try on your own risk even![/wpsm_box]
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked.
- Need a device which is rooted and installed with a custom recovery ROM.
- Your device should have more than 50% battery charge.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.
Download LineageOS 15.1 ROM for Moto Z2 Force
You can download the LineageOS 15.1 for Moto Z2 Force (code-named nash) from the given link below. Also download other required tools to flash the LineageOS ROM on your smartphone.
How to Install LineageOS 15.1 on Moto Z2 Force
As said above, Before installing this ROM the primary step is to unlock the bootloader which is the primary criteria for installation of any custom ROM. So we have made all these steps one by one. First and the foremost one to do is to backup all your data to an external drive or a storage device so that you can recover always if something goes wrong.
And also you need to have ADB driver installed on your computer which we use in this installation process. Let’s get started to Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Moto Z2 Force.[wpsm_titlebox title=”Step 1″ style=”3″]
How to Unlock Bootloader?
- First, go to the settings and in setting go to about phone. About phone tap on Build number for 7 times, until you receive the small message at the bottom saying you are already a developer.
- Now go back to settings home and you will find developer options.
- Click on developer option and then scroll down to OEM unlocking and then enable OEM unlocking and also USB debugging.
- Now connect your Mobile to the PC and go to ADB directory and issue the command ‘ADB reboot bootloader’ to boot your device into bootloader.
- Now in the command window type the following command ” fastboot devices” This will display your device.
- Now use the following command “fastboot OEM unlock-go“. This will unlock you devise Bootloader.
- After this reboot your device and go to settings and developer options and again enable the USB debugging.
How to Install TWRP Recovery?
- Download the latest version of TWRP recovery from the above download section.
- Save the file in the directory of ADB with the name “recovery”
- Now switch off your phone and boot into fastboot by pressing volume down plus power button simultaneously.
- In the ADB directory open command window and make sure your device is appearing when you type the command “fastboot devices” and if your device is appearing then enter the following command “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img“
- Once the installation is done you can boot your device into TWRP mode by pressing volume up plus power button simultaneously.
Steps to Install LineageOS 15.1 on Moto Z2 Force (nash)
- First, download the Lineage OS and Gapps (select android 8.1 ARM) from the above download section.
- Save those files on Internal storage of your device
- Switch off your device and boot it into TWRP mode by pressing Volume up button and power button simultaneously.
- Important in TWRP is click on backup to create a backup.
- Now select wipe and then select advanced wipe and then Select Cache, System and Data partitions to be wiped and then Swipe to Wipe all the data.
- Return to the Main menu and click on Install.
- Now you will be asked to select the file. Move to the directory where the downloaded file is present and click on it.
- Then swipe to confirm the installation and wait for the installation to complete.
- In a similar manner install the Gapps software.
- Once done and before rebooting, select Wipe and wipe cache & Dalvik cache.
- Reboot your device & you will notice LineageOS boot animation.
To Wrap Up
By performing the above method you can Install LineageOS 15.1 on Moto Z2 Force and you can have your hands on it. Do follow the steps carefully or else you can brick your device. Hope this guidepost on How to Install LineageOS 15.1 on Moto Z2 Force is useful for you.[wpsm_box type=”dashed_border” float=”none” text_align=”left”] Do Check
- How to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Razer Phone
- How to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi A1
- How To Customize Xiaomi Mi A1 Camera Watermark
- How To Download Instagram Videos on Android
If you face any problems do comment below and we will try to help you out. Don’t mind to share your experience with us in comments below!
Stay tuned for more updates on LineageOS 15.1 🙂