Looking to Update Mi 5s plus to Android 9.0 Pie? How to Install Android 9.0 Pie on Xiaomi Mi 5S Plus? This guide will direct you through each step involved to Download and Install Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus.
Today we got the unofficial Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus device. Lineage OS builds have finally released the& you can Install Lineage OS 16 on Mi 5s Plus (natrium).
Xiaomi Mi 5S Plus UnOfficial Android 9 Pie Lineage OS 16 ROM was shared by an XDA developer ‘Luk1337’. We except LineageOS 16 will
To Install Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus, you need to root your device, and TWRP installed on your device. So without wasting any more time let’s see how to Install LineageOS 16 on Xiaomi Mi 5S Plus.
What is Lineage OS?
Lineage OS is an Open source OS based on Android. This Lineage OS ROM is used by lots of Android users. This Operating system belongs to the famous custom ROM Cyanogen Mod and it was first launched in the month of December in 2016. It built to support Android 8.x Nougat (Currently Android 9 Pie ROM), while ROM Kernel is Linux 3.10.x and the ROM is based on CyanogenMod.
The latest Lineage OS 16 for Mi 5s will be based on Android 9.0 Pie. And to Flash LineageOS ROM, you need Universal Bootloader and Modem packages.
Upgrade to Android Pie on Mi 5S Plus, Check below guide. Here is the list of Android Pie supported devices.
Lineage OS 16.0 Features
- New Animation/Transition
- Pixel launcher has been improved
- Battery saver no longer shows orange warning
- About phone screen now shows additional info in a popup window.
- Screenshot button in power menu
- Text selection zoom (like iOS)
- Battery saver can now be scheduled.
- Do Not Disturb has been simplified down to a single mode
- Volume buttons now control media volume by default
- Adaptive Brightness is now much more useful as it actually changes the base brightness level.
- Hotspot can be turned off automatically if no devices are connected.
- Rotation can be locked to landscape mode.
Status of Lineage OS 16 – Mi 5s Plus
What's Not Working:
NFC, SELinux is permissive
- Unlock Bootloader of Mi 5S Plus.
- Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus must be rooted.
- Install a TWRP custom recovery on Mi 5S Plus.
- Your device should have more than 50% battery charge.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.
Flashing custom ROMs will void your warranty and can brick your device if done wrong. Try on your own risk even!
Download Lineage OS 16 ROM for Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus
You can Download Lineage OS 16 for Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus (codename: natrium) from the given link below. Also, download other required tools to flash the Lineage OS ROM on your smartphone.
|LineageOS 16 ROM for Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus||Download Links|
|Download LineageOS 16 ROM (natrium)||Link (530 MB)|
|Download GApps for Android Pie||Link (ARM 64-bit)|
Steps to Install Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus
Before you Install Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus, make sure you’ve unlocked the bootloader and rooted the device. And also you need to have ADB Commands installed on your computer which we use in this installation process. Let’s get started to Install Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus.
1Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 5s plus
- First, go to the Settings > About Phone. Tap on Build number for 7 times, until you receive the small message at the bottom saying you are already a developer.
- Now go back to settings home and you will find developer options.
- Click on developer option and then scroll down to OEM unlocking and then Enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging.
- Now connect your Mobile to the PC and go to ADB directory and issue the command ‘ADB reboot bootloader’ to boot your device into bootloader.
- Now in the command window type the following command ‘fastboot devices‘ This will display your device.
- Now use the following command ‘fastboot OEM unlock-go‘. This will unlock you devise Bootloader.
- After this reboot your device and go to Settings and developer options and again enable USB debugging.
2Install Lineage OS 16 ROM on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus
- First, download the Lineage OS and Gapps from the above download section.
- Save those files on Internal storage of your device
- Turn off your device and boot it into Recovery mode by pressing Volume up button and power button simultaneously.
- Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup and do Factory Resent.
- To do Factory Reset, go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and Swipe to confirm it.
- Return to the Main menu and click on Install.
- Now you will be asked to select the file.
- Locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus.
- In a similar manner install the Android Pie Gapps.
- Once done and before rebooting, select Wipe and wipe cache & Dalvik cache.
- Reboot your device & you will notice LineageOS boot animation.
Also Check: Download Lineage OS 16 for Moto G
By performing the above method you can Install Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi 5S Plus and you can have your hands on it. Hope everyone do ‘Install Android 9 Pie on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus‘. Do follow the steps carefully or else you can brick your device.
If you have any questions while installing the Lineage OS 16 or facing any issues while trying to Install Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi 5S Plus, then do let us know in comments below.
Don’t forget to share this guide with others. Stay tuned for more!
Via – XDA Forum