Now you can Upgrade your Xiaomi Mi 5 to Android 9 Pie via LineageOS 16. Here we got Lineage OS 16 based on Android Pie for Mi 5. Check out How to Download & Install Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi 5 (Gemini).
Xiaomi or Redmi, both of them are receiving frequent updates and even custom ROMs. We already shared Lineage OS 16 for Mi 5s Plus device. Now its time for Xiaomi Mi 5! In order to Install the LineageOS 16 on Mi 5, you must have installed MIUI 10 v8.5.10 Global Developer version or later already. Also, you have to fastboot ROM on Xiaomi Mi 5. If not download it now from the official website.
Lineage OS builds have finally released the& you can Install Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi 5 (Gemini). The developers have released the Android 9.0 Pie Lineage OS 16 for Xiaomi Mi 5 variant. The ROM is now available for all Mi 5 users and they can install it manually.
The Lineage OS 16 for Xiaomi Mi 5 devices is still under development, but all users can try it now! Thanks to XDA developer who shared the ROM and instructions to Install the LineageOS 16 ROM based on Android 9.0 Pie on Xiaomi Mi 5 (Gemini).
To Install Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi 5, all you need to root your device, and TWRP installed on your device. So without wasting any more time let’s see how to Install LineageOS 16 on Xiaomi Mi 5.
Do Check: Download Lineage OS 16 for Moto G
What is Lineage OS?
Lineage OS is an Open source OS based on Android. This Lineage OS ROM is used by lots of Android users. This Operating system belongs to the famous custom ROM Cyanogen Mod and it was first launched in the month of December in 2016. It built to support Android 8.x Nougat (Currently Android 9 Pie ROM), while ROM Kernel is Linux 3.10.x and the ROM is based on CyanogenMod.
You can download Lineage OS 16 for Xiaomi Mi 5 now which will be based on Android 9.0 Pie. And to Flash LineageOS ROM, you need Universal Bootloader and Modem packages.
Upgrade to Android Pie on Xiaomi Mi 5, Check below guide. Here is the list of Android Pie supported devices.
Lineage OS 16.0 Features
- New Animation/Transition
- Pixel launcher has been improved
- Battery saver no longer shows orange warning
- About phone screen now shows additional info in a popup window.
- Screenshot button in power menu
- Text selection zoom (like iOS)
- Battery saver can now be scheduled.
- Do Not Disturb has been simplified down to a single mode
- Volume buttons now control media volume by default
- Adaptive Brightness is now much more useful as it actually changes the base brightness level.
- Hotspot can be turned off automatically if no devices are connected.
- Rotation can be locked to landscape mode.
Status of Lineage OS 16 – Xiaomi Mi 5
What’s Working: Camera (and flashlight) WiFi NFC Bluetooth Telephony (Calls and Data) Audio (Record and Playback) Video Playback Sensors GPS What's Not Working: ANT+ (still not brought up) VoLTE
- Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 5
- Xiaomi Mi 5 must be rooted.
- Install a TWRP custom recovery on Xiaomi Mi 5.
- Your device should have more than 50% battery charge.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.
- Only for Mi 5. The ROM does not support Xiaomi Mi 5S and 5S Plus.
Flashing custom ROMs will void your warranty and can brick your device if done wrong. Try on your own risk even!
Download Lineage OS 16 ROM for Xiaomi Mi 5
You can Download Lineage OS 16 for Xiaomi Mi 5 (codename: Gemini) from the given link below. Also, download other required tools to flash the Lineage OS 16 ROM on your smartphone.
|LineageOS 16 ROM for Xiaomi Mi 5||Download Links|
|Download LineageOS 16 ROM (Gemini)||Link|
|Download GApps for Android Pie||Link (ARM 64-bit), Mirror|
How to Install Android 9.0 Pie LineageOS 16 ROM on Xiaomi Mi 5
Before you Install Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi 5, make sure you’ve unlocked the bootloader and rooted the device. And also you need to have ADB Commands installed on your computer which we use in this installation process. Let’s get started to Install Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi 5.
Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 5
- First, go to the Settings > About Phone. Tap on Build number for 7 times, until you receive the small message at the bottom saying you are already a developer.
- Now go back to settings home and you will find developer options.
- Click on developer option and then scroll down to OEM unlocking and then Enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging.
- Now connect your Mobile to the PC and go to ADB directory and issue the command ‘ADB reboot bootloader’ to boot your device into bootloader.
- Now in the command window type the following command ‘fastboot devices‘ This will display your device.
- Now use the following command ‘fastboot OEM unlock-go‘. This will unlock you devise Bootloader.
- After this reboot your device and go to Settings and developer options and again enable USB debugging.
Install Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi 5
- First, download the Lineage OS and Gapps from the above download section.
- Save those files on Internal storage of your device
- Turn off your device and boot it into Recovery mode by pressing Volume up button and power button simultaneously.
- Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup and do Factory Resent.
- To do Factory Reset, go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and Swipe to confirm it.
- Return to the Main menu and click on Install.
- Now you will be asked to select the file.
- Locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install Lineage OS 16 on all Xiaomi Mi 5 Series.
- In a similar manner install the Android Pie Gapps.
- Once done and before rebooting, select Wipe and wipe cache & Dalvik cache.
- Reboot your device & you will notice LineageOS boot animation.
By performing the above method you can Install Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi 5 and you can have your hands on it. Hope everyone does ‘Install Android 9 Pie on Xiaomi Mi 5′ series. Do follow the steps carefully or else you can brick your device.
If you have any questions while installing the Lineage OS 16 or facing any issues while trying to Install Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi 5, then do let us know in comments below.
Don’t forget to share this guide with others. Stay tuned for more!
Via – XDA Forum