Google released the Android P Beta 3 (Developer Preview 4) for some eligible devices with several features and fixes. This Android P Beta 3 will be the last developer preview version before the Android P OS release the final version to the public (Android 9.0). This guide will direct you through each step involved to Install Android P Beta 3 on Google Pixel/Pixel XL & Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL.
If you are pretty much interested to try the new Android P Beta 3 on your Pixel devices, then enroll here. Android Beta enrolled devices will automatically update to the official version of Android P. Let’s see what’s new in Android P Beta 3 and How to Download & Install Android P Beta 3 on Android Smartphones?
What’s new in Android P Beta 3?The released Android P Beta 3 comes with some changes and bug fixes along with improved system stability optimizations. This build also includes the latest July 2018 security updates and the final APIs. Which means the Android P Beta 3 ROM is almost stable and bug-free, so everyone can try it right now!
With the Android Beta 3 system images which allows the app developers can to test their apps with Android P features like multi-camera support, ImageDecoder, display cutout, TextClassifier, enhanced notifications, and much more.
The Android P Developer Preview is available for Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2 and Pixel 2XL devices & for Essential Phone. Devices like the OnePlus 6, Sony Xperia XZ2, Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S, Nokia 7 Plus and other top ends will receive it soon with some significant changes to the interface and system behaviour.
Essential has posted the official changelog on their Twitter handle for the Android 8.1 update.
It’s the second day of July and we’ve got your monthly security patches ready to go! Oh yeah, we also included some stability improvements for Android Auto. Check your Essential Phone now to download the update. pic.twitter.com/6QS3Ay3O2r
— Essential (@essential) July 2, 2018
Features of Android P Beta 3/Developer Preview 4
Some of the new features introduced by Android Beta 3 mentioned below. Check them before you proceed to Install Android P Beta 3 on your device.
- New rotation lock button.
- New ‘back’ button in the navigation bar.
- Tweaks to the Quick Settings panel.
- Manual dark theme.
- ‘App Actions’ now work on the first generation Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL.
- Recent apps are now bigger when sliding through them.
- Status bar icons are now smaller.
- Call volume is now separate in the settings.
- New icon for keyboard switcher.
- New icon for Battery Saver when activated.
- New icons in the Settings.
- Always On Display now hides notifications too.
- New “Bluetooth A2DP hardware offload” option in Developer Options.
- New animation when opening recent.
- New animation when switching to the last app.
- Google Pixel
- Google Pixel XL
- Google Pixel 2
- Google Pixel 2 XL
- Essential Phone
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked.
- Install ADB and Fastboot tools on your computer.
- Minimal adb and fastboot or Google’s ADB standalone tool required.
- Your device should have more than 50% battery charge.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.
Download Android P Beta 3 OTA/ Factory Images
– For Essential users, visit the official blog to install Android P Beta 3 on your Essential device.
How to Install Android P Beta 3 on Pixel Devices
- Download the Android P Beat 3 factory image for your device from above.
- Enable ‘OEM Unlock’ by heading to Settings > About Phone and tap build number 7-times to enable Developer Options.
- Now Enable “USB Debugging” on your phone in Developer options.
- Extract the downloaded Android P and save the files inside the ADB or Platform folder.
- Now Connect your phone to your PC via a USB cable. Inside the ADB or Platform folder, open a command window.
- Enter the command, adb reboot bootloader to boot your device into bootloader mode.
- To unlock the bootloader, issue the command,fastboot flashing unlock.
- Go to the folder where the extracted factory image files saved and type,flash-all script. This will installs the necessary bootloader, baseband firmware, and operating system.
- Reboot the device in fastboot mode again and enter the command,fastboot flashing lock.
- Once done, just reboot the device and enjoy the Android P Beta 3!
To Wrap Up
By performing the above method you can Install Android P Beta 3 on Google Pixel/Pixel XL & Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL. Do follow the steps carefully or else you can brick your device. Hope this guidepost on How to Install Android P Beta 3 on all Eligible/Supported Android Smartphones.[wpsm_box type=”dashed_border” float=”none” text_align=”left”] Do Check
- How to Install LineageOS 15.1 on Moto Z2 Force [Official]
- Download & Install TWRP Recovery on Android Devices
- How to Install LineageOS 15.1 on Xperia XA2 [Official]
- How to Install Android Oreo Firmware on Galaxy Note 8
- How to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Razer Phone
If you face any problems do comment below and we will try to help you out. Don’t mind to share your experience with us in comments below!
Stay tuned for more details about the last beta release of Android P 😛
(Source – Android Developer Blog)