Here we got the Android 9.0 Pie Update for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S device. Yeah, it’s not official, Android P alpha builds leaked ahead of its official release. Check out how to Download & Install Android 9 Pie on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
The new Android 9 update is already released for Google Pixel devices and for Essential Phone. Soon other Android smartphones will be receiving the Android 9 update this month. But before the official release, Xiaomi has released an alpha build update in China. The update comes to existing MIUI 8.8.3 China ROM. Is this an MIUI 10 Beta Update? This post helps you Install Android 9 Pie on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S.
Let’s get started with Installing (MIUI 8.8.9 China Beta) & Download Android 9.0 Pie for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S.
Update Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S to Android 9.0 Pie
The Android P comes with new features and improvements like new gesture-based navigation system, AI-enhanced UI, Adaptive battery features, Recent App switcher and more. The Digital Wellbeing dashboard is not available for non-Google Pixel devices. You can try it by installing Magisk Module on Mi Mix 2S.
This is not a Stable version, so the update might have bugs! As of now, the Android P Beta Build ROM comes in Mandarin and English languages. By following our guide, you can install both China Beta and Global beta ROM without wiping your data.
To install Android 9 on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S (MIUI 8.8.9 China Beta), you’ll need to Download Android 9.0 Pie Recovery ROM for Mi Mix 2S from below.
- Install ADB and Fastboot driver
- USB Debugging must be enabled.
- Take a complete Backup of your device.
- Make sure your phone has at least 50-60% charged.
Download Android 9.0 Pie for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Download Android 9.0 Pie China Beta ROM for Mi Mix 2S – Link
Download Android 9.0 Pie Global Beta ROM for Mi Mix 2S – Link
How to Install Android 9 Pie on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
You can install Android P ROM on Mi Mix 2S by using Fastboot ROM or Recovery ROM. Before performing the installation process, make sure you download the Android 9.0 Pie MIUI 8.8.3 China ROM. Once you do, we can proceed to Install Android P Beta on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S.
How to Install Android 9.0 Pie Recovery ROM
- The first thing you should do it to make sure your device running on latest MIUI 8 Version.
- Now, Download Android 9.0 Pie ROM and save it on your device.
- Now launch ‘Updater‘ app on your device.
- Click on the three-dot menu (‘…’ icon) at the top-right corner, and select the ‘choose update package‘.
- This will automatically detect the update.zip file and start installing the ROM.
- Once done, just Reboot your device.
How to Install Android 9.0 Pie Fastboot ROM
- Download Mi Flash Tool, extract it and install it on your PC.
- Then, download Android 9.0 Pie Fastboot ROM for your device.
- Now boot your device into Fastboot mode by pressing ‘Volume Down + Power‘ button.
- Once you enter the fastboot mode, connect your device to PC via micro USB cable.
- Extract the Fastboot ROM and copy its path on the PC.
- Now open MI Flash Tool and Paste the address bar of the ROM file folder path copied from above.
- Click on the ‘Refresh‘ button & then click on the ‘Flash‘ button to flash Android 9.0 Pie on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S.
- Do wait for a while then reboot the device. It should boot your Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S to Android 9.0 Pie. That’s how you Install Android 9 Pie on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S.
Got it How to Install Android 9 Pie on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S?
Hope this guide post is helpful to How To Update Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S to Android 9.0 Pie. If you are facing any issues while installing it, then let us know in comments below!
Stay tuned for more updates on Android 9 ROM! Cheers!