Now you can Update Xiaomi Mi A1 to Android 9 Pie by installing latest AOSP 9.0 ROM. This is an unofficial AOSP Android Pie Custom ROM for Mi A1. Check out How to Download & Install Android 9 Pie on Xiaomi Mi A1 (Codename: tissot).
Xiaomi Mi A1 Updates was confirmed already and Xiaomi promised to roll out the latest Android Pie soon, but it takes some time. If you are so eager about Android P, then install it via AOSP ROM. Thanks to XDA senior developer “abhishek987” who has flashed ported Android 9.0 Pie for the Mi A1. This is an initial build of AOSP 9.0 ROM for Mi A1. The ROM comes with many Android P features and may have major bugs.
If you are interested to experience the features of Android P on Xiaomi Mi A1, then you can try to Install Android P ASOP ROM on Xiaomi Mi A1. Wonder how to Install Android 9.0 Pie Via AOSP ROM on Xiaomi Mi A1?
All you need to be is a rooted device, and TWRP installed on your device to use this ROM. Just download and Install Android 9 Pie on Xiaomi Mi A1 from below.
Unofficial AOSP Android Pie ROM for Xiaomi Mi A1
The Android Pie for Xiaomi Mi A1 updates comes with some Android P features which include Digital Wellbeing dashboard, iPhone X-like swipe navigation, Smart replies, App actions, Adaptive Brightness, Adaptive Battery and more.
Regarding the custom ASOP ROM for Xiaomi devices, everything is working without any issues. But you might face some Hardware encryption and camera app issues. The Android 9.0 AOSP Pie ROM for Xiaomi Mi A1 doesn’t have any other issues!
The ASOP 9.0 ROM does not include Google apps and services like Play store. After installing the ASOP Android Pie Rom on Xiaomi Mi A1, users have to flash or Install Android Pie GApps separately on the Mi A1 device.
In order to Install Android 9 Pie on Mi A1 (tissot) users need to wipe system.
ASOP ROM Details:
ROM OS Version: Android 9.0.0 Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Status: Stable Release
Release Date: 2018-08-14
Let’s get started on How to Install AOSP Custom ROM based on Android 9.0 Pie on Mi A1 Tissot.
- Need Root access on Xiaomi Mi A1.
- Install TWRP Custom Recovery on your device.
- Unlocked bootloader & USB Debugging must be enabled.
- Take a complete Backup of your device.
- Make sure your phone has at least 50-60% charged.
- The Custom ROM shared here only works on Xiaomi Mi A1.
Download Android 9.0 Pie for Xiaomi Mi A1
|Android Pie AOSP ROMs for Xiaomi Mi A1 (Tissot)||Download Links|
|Download AOSP Pie For Mi A1||Link|
|Download Google Apps (Android Pie)||Link, (Mirror)|
Steps to Install Android 9 Pie on Xiaomi Mi A1 (AOSP)
- Download the required files from above and copy the files to your microSD card.
- Turn off your mobile and enter Recovery Mode. To enter Recovery mode just Press & Hold Volume Down + Power Key for a while.
- Now ‘Wipe and Format Option’ followed by ‘Wipe data, System, Cache and Dalvik Cache’ via TWRP custom recovery.
- Back to recovery menu and click the Install in TWRP & flash ROM option.
- Go to the downloaded files and select ASOP ROM file and Swipe to the right side for beginning the flashing process.
- Once the flashing process is done you need to install Gapps.
- You can simply install the Gapps by following the above method and Wipe Caches.
- Reboot your device. Your Xiaomi Mi A1 should Boot on Android 9.0 Pie!
Hope you found this guidepost helps you to Download and Install Android 9 Pie AOSP Custom ROM on Xiaomi Mi A1. Also, check the Android P Updates for Nexus 5X device.
Got problem while trying to Install Android 9 Pie on Xiaomi Mi A1 (AOSP ROM)?
If you have any questions while installing the Android P or facing any issues while trying to Install Android P on Xiaomi Mi A1, then do let us know in comments below.
Don’t forget to share this guide with others.
Stay tuned for more updates on Android P at All Droid Tips!
Via – XDA