Here is the latest MIUI 8.9.11 ROM for Xiaomi Mi 8. You can update Xiaomi Mi 8 Android 9 Pie Open Beta via MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM v8.9.11. This post helps you to Download & Install Android 9 Pie on Xiaomi Mi 8 (MIUI 8.9.11).
Last week Xiaomi released the first batch stable MIUI 10 ROMs for few Xiaomi devices along with Android 9.0 Pie based MIUI 10 Beta ROM. Before the official release of Android Pie for Xiaomi Mi 8, the company starts to roll out the latest MIUI 8.9.11 Global Beta ROM for Mi 8. This update will be Android 9 based MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM 8.9.11.
The new MIUI 8.9.11 Update comes may come with some improvements and bugs. This post will help you download MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM v8.9.11 (Android 9 Pie) and flash it manually via TWRP Recovery.
Android 9.0 Pie MIUI 8.9.11 Update for Mi 8
The Android P comes with new features and improvements like new gesture-based navigation system, AI-enhanced UI, Adaptive battery features, Recent App switcher and more. The Digital Wellbeing dashboard is not available for non-Google Pixel devices. You can try it by installing Magisk Module on Mi 8.
This is not a Stable version, so the update might have bugs! As of now, the Android P Beta Build ROM comes in Mandarin and English languages. By following our guide, you can install MIUI 8.9.7 Global beta ROM without wiping your data.
To install Install Android 9 Pie on Xiaomi Mi 8 (MIUI 8.9.7 ROM), you’ll need to Download MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM v8.9.7 for Mi 8 from below.
- Install ADB and Fastboot driver.
- USB Debugging must be enabled.
- Take a complete Backup of your device.
- Make sure your phone has at least 50-60% charged.
- This ROM is only for Xiaomi Mi 8.
Download MIUI 8.9.11 Global Beta ROM for Xiaomi Mi 8
You can download MIUI 10 Global Beta V8.9.11 Recovery or Fastboot ROM for Xiaomi Mi 8 smartphones from below!
Download MIUI 8.9.11 Global Beta ROM for Mi 8 – Recovery ROM
Download MIUI 8.9.11 Global Beta ROM for Mi 8 – Fastboot ROM
How to Install Android 9 Pie on Xiaomi Mi 8
You can Install MIUI 8.9.7 Global Beta ROM on Mi 8 by using Fastboot ROM or Recovery ROM. Before performing the installation process, make sure you download the MIUI 8.9.11 ROM.
Once you do, we can proceed to Install MIUI 8.9.11 Global Beta ROM on Mi 8 by following the instruction given below.
- Go to Settings > About phone > System Updates.
- Click on the option “Choose update package”.
- Select the zip file to flash it manually.
If the above method does not work, you may try it installing by following the below method or try it via TWRP Recovery.
Install MIUI 8.9.11 Recovery ROM
- The first thing you should do it to make sure your device running on latest MIUI 8 Version.
- Now, Download MIUI 10 ROM and save it on your device.
- Now launch ‘Updater‘ app on your device.
- Click on the three-dot menu (‘…’ icon) at the top-right corner, and select the ‘choose update package‘.
- This will automatically detect the update.zip file and start installing the ROM.
- Once done, just Reboot your device.
Install MIUI 8.9.11 Fastboot ROM
- Download Mi Flash Tool, extract it and install it on your PC.
- Then, download MIUI 8.9.11 Fastboot ROM for your device.
- Now boot your device into Fastboot mode by pressing ‘Volume Down + Power‘ button.
- Once you enter the Fastboot mode, connect your device to PC via micro USB cable.
- Extract the Fastboot ROM and copy its path on the PC.
- Now open MI Flash Tool and Paste the address bar of the ROM file folder path copied from above.
- Click on the ‘Refresh‘ button & then click on the ‘Flash‘ button to flash MIUI 8.9.11 on Xiaomi Mi 8.
- Do wait for a while then reboot the device.
That’s all about the guide on How to Install Android 9 Pie on Xiaomi Mi 8 via MIUI 8.9.11 Global Beta ROM!
Hope this guide post is helpful to Download MIUI 8.9.11 for Mi 8. If you are facing any issues while installing it, then let us know in comments below!
Stay tuned for more updates on MIUI Updates for your Xiaomi Smartphones!
Source – Mi Forum