If you wonder How to Download and Install Android 9.0 Pie on LG Nexus 5x then check out the Unofficial AOSP Android Pie Custom ROM for LG Nexus 5x. You can Install Android 9 Pie on Nexus 5X Right now!
Google started releasing its upcoming Android 9.0 update for some of the devices likes Essential Phone, Google Pixel and other Android phones are about to receive the updates soon or later. So here we got the Android 9 Pie based AOSP custom ROM for LG Nexus 5X (bullhead). Though it’s an unofficial release, it does have some bugs. Don’t worry, you will receive the stable version soon!
The Android 9 Pie update for Nexus 5X is available right now via ASOP Custom ROM. Thanks to XDA senior developer “argraur” who has flashed ported Android 9.0 Pie on the LG Nexus 5x.
If you are interested to experience the features of Android P on Nexus 5X, then you can try to Install Android P ASOP ROM on Nexus 5X. Wonder how to Install Android 9.0 Pie Via AOSP ROM on Google Nexus 5X? Check the below section!
Unofficial AOSP Android Pie ROM for Nexus 5x
The Android Pie for Nexus 5X updates comes with new Digital Wellbeing dashboard, iPhone X-like swipe navigation, Smart replies, App actions, Adaptive Brightness, Adaptive Battery and more.
Regarding the custom ASOP ROM, things like Boot, Power, Fingerprint and RIL are working without any issues. You might face some
The ASOP ROM does not include Google apps and services like Play store. After installing the ASOP Android Pie Rom on Nexus 5X, users have to flash or Install GApps separately on their device.
In order to Install Android 9 Pie on Nexus 5X (bullhead) users need to wipe system. Also, they need to flash Sphinx kernel on their device.
ASOP ROM Details:
ROM OS Version: Android 9.0.0 Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Sphinx kernel (necessary)
Unofficial Pre-Alpha Version
Let’s get started on How to Install AOSP Custom ROM based on Android 9.0 Pie on Nexus 5x Bullhead.
- Need Root access on Nexus 5X.
- Install TWRP Custom Recovery on your device.
- Unlocked bootloader & USB Debugging must be enabled.
- Take a complete Backup of your device.
- Make sure your phone has at least 50-60% charged.
- The Custom ROM shared here only works on LG Nexus 5X.
Download Android 9.0 Pie for LG Nexus 5X
|Android Pie AOSP ROMs for Nexus 5X (Bullhead)||Download Links|
|Download AOSP Pie For LG Nexus 5X||Link|
|Download Sphinx Kernel||Link|
|Download Android 9.0 Pie Gapps||Link|
Steps to Install Android 9 Pie on Nexus 5X (AOSP)
- Download the required files from above and copy the files to your microSD card.
- Turn off your mobile and enter Recovery Mode. To enter Recovery mode just Press & Hold Volume Down + Power Key for a while.
- Now ‘Wipe and Format Option’ followed by ‘Wipe data, System, Cache and Dalvik Cache’ via TWRP custom recovery.
- Back to recovery menu and click the Install in TWRP & flash ROM option.
- Go to the downloaded files and select ASOP ROM file and Swipe to the right side for beginning the flashing process.
- Now flash Sphinx kernel (necessary).
- Once the flashing process is done you need to install Gapps.
- You can simply install the Gapps by following the above method and Wipe Caches.
- Reboot your Nexus 5X. Your Nexus 5X should Boot on Android 9.0 Pie!
Also Check: Install Android Pie on Nexus 5
Hope you found this guidepost helps you to Download and Install Android 9 Pie AOSP Custom ROM on Nexus 5X. Also
Got problem while trying to Install Android 9 Pie on Nexus 5X (AOSP ROM)?
If you have any questions while installing the Android P or facing any issues while trying to Install Android P on LG Nexus 5X, then do let us know in comments below.
Don’t forget to share this guide with others.
Stay tuned for more updates on Android P at All Droid Tips!
Via – XDA