Android P is official now for Essential Phone! You can now download and Install Android 9.0 Pie on Essential Phone (PH-1).
As said above, the Essential phone owners can try the Android 9.0 Pie right now. This will be a beta version for all Essential Phone and not a stable release like we received for Google Pixel Devices. The Android P comes with new Digital Wellbeing dashboard, iPhone X-like swipe navigation, Adaptive Battery features and more.
We’re proud to bring Android 9 Pie to Essential Phone the same day it’s released! Check your phone now for the update. ???? pic.twitter.com/pniUDl9yr8
— Essential (@essential) August 6, 2018
Android Pie Update includes some major changes, improvements and bug fixes. Just give a try by yourself and share your experience with us! This post helps you Download Android 9.0 Pie Factory Images and OTA for Essential Phone and install Essential Phone Android Pie update manually.
Let’s check How to Download and Install Android 9 Pie Update (OTA & Factory Image) on Essential Phone.
Install Essential Phone Android Pie Update
The Android 9 Pie System Image Files comes with 2 types. Android P OTA Updates and Android P Factory Images (Install Manually). Both the OTA and Factory Image files come with latest July month security patch 2018.
Let’s check out How to Download and Install Android 9.0 Pie on Essential Phone. Yeah, Download Android 9 Pie (PPR1.180610.091) for PH-1 and install Essential Phone Android Pie update!
Changelogs of Android P Essential Phone (PH 1)
- App Slices
- App Actions
- Neural Networks API
- Display Cutout (Notch) support
- New device settings screen
- Smart Reply in Notifications
- Text Magnifier
- Multi-camera API
- Biometric prompt
Download Android Pie for Essential Phone
Android 9 Pie Factory images for Essential Phone - Link
Android 9 Pie OTA File for Essential Phone - Link
How to Install Android 9.0 Pie on Essential Phone
Just follow the below instruction to Flash Android Pie Factory Image & OTA file on Essential Phone. Make sure you don’t leave a step, that may lead to damage your device.
Let’s get started with Installing Android P OTA File on Essential Phone.
- Install ADB and Fastboot driver
- USB Debugging must be enabled.
- Take a complete Backup of your device.
- Make sure your phone has at least 50-60% charged.
Install Android Pie OTA on Essential Phone
- Make sure you have enabled USB debugging and Installed ADB on your PC.
- Download Android Pie OTA for Essential Phone from above and move the downloaded ROM file to adb folder.
- Turn Off your device and boot into recovery mode.
- Now tap, Apply Update from ADB.
- Connect your device to PC and Open the Terminal or Command box.
- Enter the following command,
- Find your device listed there. If you found your device, then you’re ready to flash the ROM.
- To flash the OTA file on your Essential Phone, enter the below command,
adb sideload File Name.zip
- Wait for a while, once the process completes Reboot the device. When
youreboot your device, you will see the Android Pie Loading on your Essential Phone.
Install Android Pie Factory Image on Essential Phone
- Enable USB debugging on your device and make sure you’ve installed ADB on your PC.
- Download the Android Pie factory image from the download section and unzip it.
- Connect your device to PC, then press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button to enter Fastboot mode. Then type the commands,
adb reboot bootloader
- Open the command prompt and find “flash-all.bat“ in the unzipped system image directory.
- Run the “flash-all.bat“. It will install the Android P system image on Essential Phone (Bootloader, baseband firmware(s), operating system).
What to do if, flash-all.bat does not work?
- If the Flash-all.bat file is not working, no worries. Just Flash the bootloader and the RADIO by entering the below commands.
fastboot flash bootloader <bootloader file name here>.img fastboot flash radio <radio file name here>.img fastboot reboot-bootloader
- Once you do, flash the recovery, boot, and system with these codes mentioned below.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash system system.img
- Now Wipe and Flash Cache on your device.
fastboot flash cache cache.img fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
- Then reboot the device by entering the following command,
- That’s it! Hope
you’vesuccessfully done the process on How To Install Android 9.0 Pie on Essential Phone.
Hope you found this guidepost helps you to Download Android Pie for Essential Phone and Install Android 9.0 Pie on Essential Phone.
If you have any questions while installing the Android P or facing any issues while trying to Install Android P on Essential Phone, then do let us know in comments below.
Don’t forget to share this guide with others. Stay tuned for more updates on Android P at All Droid Tips. Have fun!
Source – Essential Phone Blog