Google pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL are most popular devices from Google and also in the race Essential phone which is also the popular phone. The best features of this device are the multi-touch feature that attracted many people. Let’s check out How to Fix Android Oreo 8.1 Multi-Touch Issue (Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Essential Phone).
Google Pixel 2 XL that is released by the Google is known to have many bugs and there are several bugs that are reported. One such bug is Multi-Touch that is becoming erratic and is reported by many users.
Reported By many users This multi-Touch feature is caused by many devices. One thing that is to be noted is that this bug is not related to the hardware and is the bug in the Android version. Below we have made a detailed step by step procedure to solve this error. Follow the steps carefully to remove the error that you are facing.
Google already announced in December 2017 that Android Oreo 8.1 for its own devices pixel devices. But thought this is said to be the bug-free, even there are many bugs in this version of android also. And many users reported the multi-touch defect error in this version of Android.
Fix Multi-Touch Issue (Android 8.1 Oreo)
If you are not aware of multi-touch, it is the special ability of a high-end device that has some special touch features. But what is Multi-Touch Issue?
From all the source on the internet reported m=by many users of Reddit and Pixel User Community, the bug was submitted to Google. The bug was also submitted to Google User Tracker. This bug is basically when you try to touch two different points on the screen and you try to move one finger, the touch is becoming erratic. The same is reported by many users.
As usual, Google had done its research to clearly identify the bug and to find the solutions for this bug. It released two commits one and 2 during mid-march. Thought this update doesn’t solve the issue, the fix was provided by XDA developer Freak07. Senior developer of XDA Freakk07 had taken this problem and provided the Solutions and compiled the Dirty Unicorns that is built for these devices including the two commits. To make it easy he had also made a Magisk Module and this made the users solve the issue with multi-touch.
- First and an important step is to take a complete backup of all the data of your device so that you can restore in cases of worst cases.
- And your Google Pixel or Essential device must be rooted using Magisk as we have a Magisk Module to remove this error.
Steps to Fix Android 8.1 Oreo Multi-Touch Issue
- First thing is to download the Magisk Module Developed by the senior developer of XDA and move the file to your android internal storage.
- Now open Magisk Manager and tap on menu icon.
- In the menu select Modules
- Now press the + icon which stands for adding a new module.
- After pressing the Icon you will be asked to select the zip file of the module. Go to your internal storage and select the module.
- That’s it, it will take some time to complete the process and wait for the process to be done.
- After that Reboot your device. The multi-touch issue would have been fixed by now.
Once your phone has booted, test the multi-touch functionality and it should be fixed now. If you have done this steps properly, then your problem must have resolved and you will no longer find the issue. Follow each step properly to solve the error without any issues. There is no other option than waiting for the official fix to be released by Google in the form of an over-the-air update.
If anyone has any questions regarding “Fix Android Oreo 8.1 Multi-Touch Issue (Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Essential Phone)” to ask you are most welcome to do so. Please drop your questions and queries in the comments section below.