Looking to Enable Youtube Dark Mode Android device? Want to Enable Dark Mode in Youtube App? Here is a way to enable YouTube Dark Mode without root. Yeah, you heard it right!
Youtube, the leading video sharing website and basically a free video streaming service. It is known to each and everyone who uses the Internet. Youtube has rolled already the dark theme for its website and it got a huge response.
When asked about the Release of Dark theme for Android and other mobile users, it is said that Coming soon. But coming soon is not referring to a specific date and we are not sure whether it will be released in a few days or months or even may take years.
Youtube Dark Mode
Why someone needs a dark theme and why is it that much popular? The dark theme of any app changes the user interface in a manner everything looks like a night mode with black as the primary colour. This is very good for eyes, as eyes will have a little effect and will not be harmed.
As we are not sure when the dark theme for Android Youtube app will be released, Android dev community has developed a method to get the dark theme without even waiting for the release from Google.
But a few weeks back, Google starts to roll out of the dark mode theme on Android devices in phases. You can wait until for the official Dark Mode or you can try it following our guide below. But for an official release, it may take some weeks.
Here you can enable YouTube dark mode on your Android device,
- Open the Youtube App.
- Tap on your profile icon and go to Settings > General.
- Tap on the ‘Dark Theme’ and that will Enable Youtube Dark Mode.
- That’s it!
Not working for you, then check out the below section. This tutorial contains 2 methods! Thanks, XDA forum members for sharing a working method to enable dark mode without rooting. You can Enable Youtube Dark Mode (Root/Non-Rooted).
For Non-Rooted Device
- Download & Install ADB for your PC.
- Have the newly updated Youtube app.
- Take a Complete Backup of your Android device.
For Rooted Device
- The first and most important one in this step is that your device must be rooted. As we are gonna edit the system file we will be requiring the root access and we are also using an app which requires SuperSU permissions to run.
- You will be requiring an app called as Preference manager, which can be downloaded from the play store.
- One thing is that this method does not work with all the versions of Android. It works only if you have an android device which runs Oreo, Nougat, Marshmallow, Or Lollipop version of Android.
How to Enable YouTube’s Dark Theme on Android (No Root)
- Download the latest Youtube App from Play store.
- The download YouTube Dark Theme from below,
- Extract the YoutubeDarkTheme file and move it to the ADB Binary folder.
- Open the terminal window and enter the following commands below,
Windows Command Prompt:
adb restore YouTubeDarkTheme_XDA.ab
Windows Power Shell:
.\adb restore YouTubeDarkTheme_XDA.ab
./adb restore YouTubeDarkTheme_XDA.ab
./adb restore YouTubeDarkTheme_XDA.ab
- Once you do, you will get a message to unlock & confirm the restore operation. Just accept it!
- Close the Youtube App and open it again! You should see the Youtube Dark Mode!
- That’s it! That’s how you enable YouTube’s built-in Dark Mode.
Enable YouTube Dark Mode On Android (Root)
- After installing the preference manager from the play store launch the preference manager. And when you launch the app for the first time it will ask for superSU permission, which is basically the root permissions for the app to work.
- After allowing the permissions, it will display a list of apps which normally includes the system and hence go to three dots present on the top right corner and click on it and in the options click on Show system apps and now system apps will be displayed.
- From the list of all the apps, scroll until you find the Youtube app and this will grant access to youtube files.
- Important is that make sure you are on the Youtube.xml file and there type Dark in the search bar.
- When you enter that in the search bar you will find two preferences which are
- Observe that these two will be by default set to dark and change them to true. and you are good to go.
- And if you are in a situation like the above lines are not present on youtube.xml file then create these lines in the file by using the following code
<boolean name="theme_dark_app" value="true"/> <boolean name="theme_dark_watch_panel" value="true"/>
- After everything is done you save the settings and go to Settings > Applications manager > Youtube app and force close the app and then the effect will come.
Hope this guide post is useful regarding, How to Enable Youtube Dark Mode on Android smartphones for both rooted and non-rooted devices.
And that’s it you have done getting the dark theme in Youtube. You will now have your youtube in dark mode. Enjoy the dark mode on youtube and this also helps your eyes and give some different experience.
If you have any issues let us know in the comments below! Happy Youtubing!