RedMi is the best phone in India in terms of features and the best for the price range. Starting from the launch in India. Redmi is attracting the users with its wide range of models introducing in the market. The devices that are launched by the company will always take the position no 1 in terms of features and also in best budget phones. This post is all about How to Enable 4K UHD Video Recording on Redmi Note 5 Pro!
The latest device from the company RedMI Note 5 Pro has received a huge response from users.This model stood as the best phone as of now to buy and included the best features from all the devices in the market. The hardware of the device is so perfect and is in the race with all the competing models.
Enable 4K UHD Video Recording on Redmi Note 5 Pro
One thing that the device lag is the 4K UHD video recording. Even the device has a lot of features and includes some of the best features, it doesn’t have 4K recording support officially.
But don’t worry we have got your worry and here is the procedure to enable 4K UHD video recording on your device. Just follow the steps below and you are good to go.
The solution of 4k UHD video recording is found by XDA developer Vidhanth. His solutions just involve making some small changes to the system files and UHD video will be enabled on your device.
- The device must be rooted. Use TWRP recovery and Magisk to root your device.
- Rooting with Magisk is mandatory for method 2.
- For method 1 download and install a root-enabled file manager. One recommendation is SOlid File Explorer.
- Take a Complete backup of your device so that you can restore if anything goes wrong.
We have mentioned two methods for doing this. You can use any of the methods from below two methods.
Method 1: Manually using Root File Manager
- As we mentioned the first method require a root-enabled file manager. Open the file manager app on your device and grant root permissions to the app.
- Now navigate to /system/etc/device_features/.
- In this folder find ‘whyred.xml’ file and open it for editing.
- Now in the file find the below boolean
- To enable 4k video change its value from false to true.
- Save the file and exit from the file manager and to make that changes take effect reboot the device.
That’s it, you have enabled 4k UHD video on your device.
Method 2: Using Magisk Module
- In this, we need a file called “whyredfeatures_module_1_0.zip” download the file and copy to phone storage.
- Now open the Magisk manager on your device.
- Tap on the menu icon and click on modules and click the + icon.
- You will be asked to select the zip file. Navigate to the file location and select the file.
- The installation will then begin and takes few seconds to complete.
- After completion reboot your device
When the device is on open the Stock MIUI camera application and in settings go to video quality and select UHD 4K. Now you know two methods to enable 4K UHD video on your RedMi Device. Have fun!
If you are facing any issues on Enable 4K UHD Video Recording on Redmi Note 5 Pro, then let us know in comments below! Stay tuned for more updates!