The best part about Android OS is the fact that it is customizable, meaning you can customize it the way you want but many people don’t know the full potential of Android. Magisk is one app which will change the way you look at rooting your smartphone. People who root their android phones are the one who uses it to their full potential but many of the android users don’t even know what root is. They might even fell afraid that It might damage their phone because of the tedious process.
Till now people used SuperSU as their binaries to gain access to the root of the system but it came with certain trade-offs like not able to install OTA updates and Altering with the system partition but fret not, Magisk is here to save the day. Magisk is a system less interface which makes it easy to gain root access in the day and age where Android is becoming more secure and posing difficulties to gain root access.
Installing Magisk and rooting your Android smartphone
Magisk performs many tasks which previously required multiple apps. You can install modules using the Magisk manager app which is the companion app to manage the root after installing magisk. You don’t need to install xposed framework separately for this and it works similar to xposed framework sometimes even better.
One of the best features of the Magisk app is that it can hide the root status to the apps, certain apps like Pokemon GO and Snapchat don’t work on rooted devices but using Magisk you can use those apps happily on your rooted devices. You can basically tweak every aspect of the Android system using Magisk.
Magisk 16.3 Features and Changelogs
– [General] Remove symlinks used for backwards compatibility
– [MagiskBoot] Fix a small size calculation bug
Magisk Manager 5.6.4 Features and Changelogs –
- Remove the blacklisted apps using SafetyNet (e.g. Pokemon GO)
Download Magisk v16.3 and Magisk Manager 5.6.4 for Android
Steps to install Magisk and Magisk Manager
- First, you need to download the Magisk and Magisk manager files from the XDA page here or from above.
- Before you go any further you need to make sure that your device Bootloader is unlocked and TWRP recovery is installed on your phone so that you can go back to your previous ROM in case something goes wrong
- If your device is already rooted, unroot it by going to the unroot option in the SuperSU application
- Copy the files that you have downloaded from the XDA Page to the internal storage of your phone
- Reboot your system into recovery mode and the back up your current ROM
- The click on “Install” and select Magisk zip file and install it
- After flashing the Magisk onto your phone, reboot your phone and install Magisk Manager application
- After this, you are good to go and customize your Android smartphone to your liking
The speciality of Magisk is that it works on a phone running even on Android 5.1 lollipop seamlessly. Magisk Manager apps allow you to manage the root access to different apps easily and install many mods which you can download and install on your phone. Magisk can also bypass google safety net check just by toggling “Hide Magisk” on the right-hand side menu in the Magisk Manager app.
Steps to Use Magisk Hide
- Open Magisk on your device and click on the Menu button.
- Click on the Settings to turn on the magisk hide option.
- Just Enable the Magisk Hide option.
- Press the Menu key again and click on the “Magisk Hide” option.
- Select the application from which you need to hide the root.
- That’s it! Now you can run the blocked application on your device now.
Magisk has truly made it easy for anyone to unlock and root their android devices and customize them to their liking and unlocking the full potential of Android. The developer of the app is continuously working on it to make it better so you can be assured that Magisk is going to become the standard for rooting your device.
This is how you Download Magisk zip, Magisk Manager and Root your Android smartphone. If you are facing any issues, let us know in comments below.