Samsung the tech giant with history long background and a large number of mobiles from its brand has ruled the market for some time. The most popular of Samsung came from it well know galaxy devices. Here, we got the latest update for Galaxy Note 8. This guidepost is all about How to Install Android Oreo Firmware on Galaxy Note 8 (SM-N950F).
In this article, we wanted to share with you the recent update from Samsung, The oreo update. And we will be telling you the step by step guide to install it on your device. Recently Samsung has unveiled its well popular Note 8 with the features such as 6.3in QHD and also super AMOLED bezel screen, and as usual with a dual camera system. Samsung had its work improved in terms of its telephoto lens and the notable feature is its Virtual assistant Bixby that firstly released on S8 and not it came to this. And our main topic the oreo is released to Exynos Version of Galaxy Note 8.
Android Oreo Firmware for Galaxy Note 8
This update contains the security patches for the months of March. the notable features are,
- Improvement in Notification channels and notification snoozing
- Picture-in-Picture mode
- Improved performance
- Improved UI
- And many more
And we all still remember if you are a Samsung user the resistance update and the best UI ever from the Samsung. If you are using the Samsung mobile and you are unable to wait for the OTA update, then follow this tutorial to get the update without waiting for the OTA update. Follow the steps clearly and you will receive the update even before the OTA release and be the first one to use it.
Before we get started, let’s prepare the device for installing the Oreo Firmware on Galaxy Note 8.
- To install the latest firmware, we have some flash tool to install the software. So initially install the official flash tool from Samsung called Odin from this link
- Now to connect your device to a computer which we use to install the firmware, you have to enable USB Debugging.
- And this the important step. You have to all your data from the device to an external device such as computer or external storage device.
- And to make your computer detect the device, you have to install Samsung official USB drivers on your computer which you will be using to install the official framework.
- And as the process of installation takes the time you have to make sure that you have enough charge to complete the installation. We suggest you have 100 percent charging which will cause no problem during installation.
Now if you have all the above steps down, you have now successfully prepared the initial steps and now you can proceed further.
Download the Oreo firmware
First and foremost step is to download the firmware package from the below link. And remember this firmware is for Galaxy Note 8 (SM-N950F). Download the Oreo firmware package file for the Galaxy Note 8 (SM-N950F) from below.
Installation of Android Oreo Firmware on Galaxy Note 8
Please follow all the steps carefully without performing any step wrong.
- As we clearly mention before and now again that this procedure of installation and the firmware is just for Samsung Note 8 with the device model SM-N950F. If this is not your model please don’t proceed.
- And you have to download the complete Oreo firmware package from above link.
- After downloading the zip file you have to extract these zip file and make all the files available.
- Now as the files are ready and available we will begin the installation.
- Hold on the buttons Bixby+volume down+Power simultaneously to enter to download mode.
- Now download the Odin flash tool which is the official flash tool of Samsung from the link mentioned above.
- Now connect your device to your computer and launch the Odin software.and you will be able to see five sections names as BL, AP, CP, CSC, and Userdata. We will be using only first four sections only and don’t do anything until we ask you to do.
- Now you have everything and you have even launched the Odin software. Now click on BL button and then go to the folder where you have extracted the zip file of firmware from the above-mentioned link, and then select the BL file.
- Now repeat the same procedure for AP, CP, HOME_CSC.
- Please note that you must not use CSC_XXX as it will erase your entire date.
- Now that if you have done everything as mentioned you have selected all the files and now you can click on start and this will begin flashing and it takes some time to install. And after installation, the device will reboot and you are done with the latest Oreo Firmware on Galaxy Note 8.
To Wrap Up
Hope this method helps you in getting the latest Oreo firmware without even waiting for the OTA update. If you are facing any issues while trying to Install Android Oreo Firmware on Galaxy Note 8 (SM-N950F), then let us know in comments below!
Stay tuned for more updates!