Android 9 Pie beta for Nokia 6.1 Plus is now available via ota
From last month, HMD been releasing new updates for its devices and now we are receiving Android 9 Pie Beta Update for Nokia 6.1 Plus (2018) and Nokia 8 smartphones. Check out how to download and install Android 9 Pie Beta for Nokia 6.1 Plus via OTA file.
Earlier we got the Android Pie Stable Update Nokia 7 Plus devices and it continues for other Nokia mobiles too. This info was shared by HMD’s Chief Product Officer in his Twitter handle.
Hungry for pie? 🥧 If you’re a Nokia 6.1 Plus user, you’ll be happy to know that Android 9 is now available to test in #Nokiamobilebetalabs. https://t.co/siaoX5xEmR #Nokiamobile #Android9 pic.twitter.com/0oiLr0NI09
— Juho Sarvikas (@sarvikas) 9 October 2018
This version will be the latest Android 9 Pie update with new improvements and bug fixes along with better system optimizations. The Android 9 Pie Beta builds can be downloaded through Nokia Beta Labs Program.
What’s new in Android 9 Pie Beta for Nokia 6.1 Plus
- New system navigation, settings menu and notification system.
- Adaptive Battery power prioritization for users’ most commonly used apps and services.
- Adaptive and optimized brightness level.
- Predictive Application Actions.
- New camera with new UI, Google Lens, and Google motion integration.
- Other Android 9 Pie native features, bug fixes and optimizations.
Since its a Beta version, you have to wait for Android Pie Stable builds ROM. I don’t have patience, then you can install Android 9 Pie Beta on Nokia 6.1 Plus and experience the Android Pie features. Once you sign in on Nokia Beta Labs Program, you will receive the update via Over The Air.
How to Join Nokia Beta Labs Progam?
- Visit Nokia Beta Labs webpage and sign up for a membership.
- Once you sign-in, enter your device IMEI number & other required details.
- Accept the license terms and register for beta labs.
- Once done, you will receive the Android 9 Pie Beta software update via OTA.
How to Install Android 9 Pie Beta on Nokia 6.1 Plus?
This is an OTA update so it may take some time to reach your device. If not, you can download & install it manually. Let’s check out how to Download Android 9.0 Pie for Nokia 6.1 Plus from below.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked.
- Install ADB and Fastboot tools on your computer.
- Your device should have more than 50% battery charge.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.
- It works only on Nokia 6.1 Plus (2018) variants.
Download Android 9 Pie Beta for Nokia 6.1 Plus
Download Android 9 Pie OTA for Nokia 6.1 Plus – Update Soon
Install Android 9 Pie on Nokia 6.1 Plus
- Make sure you have enabled USB debugging and Installed ADB on your PC.
- Download Android Pie OTA for Nokia 6.1 Plus from above and move the downloaded ROM file to adb folder.
- Turn Off your device and boot into recovery mode.
- Now tap, Apply Update from ADB.
- Connect your device to PC and Open the Terminal or Command box.
- Enter the following command,
- Find your device listed there. If you found your device, then you’re ready to flash the ROM.
- To flash the OTA file on your Nokia 6.1 Plus, enter the below command,
adb sideload File Name.zip
- Wait for a while, once the process completes Reboot the device. When you reboot your device, you will see the Android Pie Loading on your Nokia 6.1 Plus.
Hope you found this guidepost helps you to Download Android Pie for Nokia 6.1 Plus and Install Android 9 Pie on Nokia 6.1 Plus.
If you have any questions while installing the Android P or facing any issues while trying to Install Android 9 Pie Beta for Nokia 6.1 Plus, then do let us know in comments below.
Don’t forget to share this guide with others. Stay tuned for more updates on Android 9.0 Pie at All Droid Tips. Cheers 🙂