Essential Starts Rolling Out the new Android 8.1 Oreo update for Essential PH-1. The U.S. smartphone manufacturer, Essential launched the first ever smartphone last year, called as the Essential PH-1 or the Essential Phone. The company Essential was founded by the creator of Android and from the launch day all Android users got impressed. So it’s been a while, and finally, we got the Latest stable Android 8.1 Oreo Firmware for Essential PH-1. The new updates come with so many fixes which include slow-scrolling jitter with March 2018 security patches. This post is all about How to Download Essential PH-1 Stable Android 8.1 Oreo Firmware and Install it!
Do Check: How to Download Magisk Manager
The Essential PH-1 build OPM1.180104.092 is rolling out the new Android 8.1 update via OTA and will be available for all soon. Essential’s official Twitter account made the announcement of the update rollout which can be seen from below,
We’re excited to announce the full release of Android Oreo 8.1 on Essential Phone! Check your phone now for the update. pic.twitter.com/0PwPBMj6h1
— Essential (@essential) 13 March 2018
Android 8.1 Oreo for Essential PH-1
If you want to install OPR1.170623.026.9.5.4 on Essential PH-1, then you can Download Essential PH-1 Android 8.1 Oreo Flashable zip and install it manually. Even you can wait for official Android 8.1 Oreo updates. You can also check the update by going to Settings > About Phone > Software updates.
Hope you are excited about the new update! So How To install the Android 8.1 Oreo OTA update on Essential PH-1 your device? Just simple, you need to have OPM1.180104.092 firmware file, extract it on PC and flash it. Here in the installation process, we will follow the fastboot method.
- February 2018 android security patch
- Fix for rapid battery drain issue
- Resolves the Photos App crashing upon opening a photo to edit
- Performance improvements
- This method is only for the Essential PH-1.
- Make sure you have a Complete Backup of your Device’s previous Data, So in Case, If something went wrong you can Install previous Data. ????
- Make sure that your phone has charged At least 70%.
- Follow Steps Correctly, Otherwise, It may Brick your Device. If anything wrong would be Happen, We will not responsible for that.
Download Android 8.1 Oreo Firmware for Essential PH-1
Download Essential PH-1 Oreo 8.1 OPM1.180104.092 OTA – Link
How to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Essential Phone
- Enable ‘USB debugging’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
- Download ADB and fastboot driver and install it on your PC.
- Download the OPM1.180104.092 Oreo 8.1 OTA and move the ROM to a folder where adb installed.
- Turn Off your phone and boot into recovery mode.
- Select Install Update from ADB
- Connect your phone to Laptop/PC
- On ADB folder press shift+right click and click on open command here.
- Now check your connection by typing the below command
- If your device is listed, you’re ready to flash the ROM
- Now just Flash the Oreo 8.1 OTA on Essential Phone by typing below command
adb sideload File Name.zip
- Wait until the process completely and then Reboot the phone. That’s it!
Hope you found this content useful to Download Android 8.1 Oreo Firmware for Essential PH-1. If you are facing any issues while Installing Android 8.1 Oreo Firmware on the Essential PH-1 device, then let us know in comments below. Stay tuned for more firmware updates! Cheers!