If you are a tech enthusiast or a mobile lover and gaming person then you might have heard about the well popular Razer phone. Razer phone which is released by the Razer after its acquisition by the Nexbit company has received a huge response in the market. This post is all about How to Root Razer Phone easily?
The main reason for this mobile device to become trending is its features which are suitable for a gamer. People who love to cold play games on the device will surely love this device and will not miss the opportunity to grab this device.
Even though this mobile is used by many gamers, most of the people are using the mobile without the root access. So we decided to help you out guys to root the device and enjoy the extra features. We will be installing Magisk software in this method.
How to Root Razer Phone?
Before we get started we need to take care of something we are informing you earlier that this process, if something went wrong it will brick your device and care, must be taken and also please follow the following prerequisites,
- First important is boot locker must be unlocked in the razor device
- A computer is required for this process and we need to connect the device to the computer
- Adb and Fastboot must be installed on the computer and this is important.
- ANd for the Razor to be detected by the computer the necessary drivers must be installed.
- In the device, developer options should be enabled.
- If you don’t want to face any problem in between the process charge the mobile to full and this is suggested one to have full charging.
- And finally, you need the Magisk file. Download it from this link
- You also need TWRP file. Download from this link
- USB debugging and OEM unlock must be enabled on the device.
Let’s see How to Root Razer Phone and Install TWRP recovery tool on your device.
Steps to Install TWRP to Root Razer Phone
- In the prerequisites section we have downloaded the TWRP file and now you move it to already downloaded ADB folder on your computer.
- Now to begin the procedure, Switch off the device.
- ow hold on you volume button (-) and plug the USB cable which is connected to the computer to the device.( First, connect the USB to the computer and then hold the volume(-) button and connect USB to the device).
- Once in fastboot mode, go back to the folder and holding shift press the right mouse button on any empty space in the folder.
- Now you will be presented with a menu. You have to click Open PowerShell window.
- Now you will be prompted with the command window.
- In the command window type the below commands taking almost care.
adb shell getprop ro.boot.slot_suffix
- You will get the result as
Note these as we require those and close the command window.
- Now remove the cable and Hold power button for 15-20 seconds till the phone restarts.
- Now we once again power the device off and again holding the volume(-) connect USB cable again.
- As again after the device is in the Fast boot, similar to the above steps open command prompt.
- Now carefully look at the results you got and we asked them to note. We require those recorded results now.
- If your result is,
[ro.boot.slot_suffix]: [_a] Type fastboot --set-active=_b
- And if your result is
[ro.boot.slot_suffix]: [_b] Type fastboot --set-active=_a
- Once the above process is done, just close the PowerShell and reboot the device as above and again get it back to the fastboot mode with power down and USB cable as an above-mentioned method.
- Once in fastboot again type,
fastboot flash boot TWRP-3.2.1-0-cheryl.img && fastboot reboot
- Your device will now boot to Twrp and you dont proceed and don’t swipe now.
- As your device is now in TWRP mode, You have to click on reboot button at the bottom switch to the slot your device was originally using.
- Now to avoid loss of data we need to backup the device and to do this just go back to TWRP main menu and Hit on the button Backup and let it do the backup and once the backup is completed, just keep this backed up file in a safe location on your pc or any other external storage.
- Now open PowerShell and type
adb push twrp-installer-3.2.1-0-cheryl.zip /sdcard
- Now the next step is, Go to the device and go to install and navigate to the TWRP zip file. Now hit install and to confirm swipe. And allow the device to install.
- After the install is done reboot the device by going to reboot.
- And yes you have successfully installed TWRP on your device and you are now good to go.
Steps to Root Razer Phone using Magisk
- As we mentioned we will be installing Magist in this process, so download the Magisk file from the above-mentioned link.
- Copy the Magisk file to the root folder of your device internal storage.
- Now again go to TWRP mode, This is done by holding Volume down(-) plus power button simultaneously.
- In the TWRP mode, you will have an option as install. Click on install option and go to the Magick file you downloaded.
- Tap on this file and confirm installation by swiping.
- Wait for the installation to complete and once done go to reboot and reboot the system.
- When the system reboots, download the Magisk manager.
- Congrats now your device had root access.
To Wrap Up
Hope this guide helped in getting root access for your device. We hope this guide to Root Razer Phone. For any other queries, comments or questions about anything root related, then do leave us a line in the comments sections.[Via]