Huawei is the most trending device in India. The company has established a great market in India with its new model devices and latest feature. This post is all about How to Root Huawei P20 Lite Using Magisk & Unroot!
With a lot of people using this device, we are to help all these people to explain the method to root the device and also a way to unroot the device.
Within just a few months the Chinese manufacturer has raised many sales and even become one of the most used devices in India. The new model from the company Huawei P20 series also liked by many people and is slowly getting into the hands of the public.
Huawei P20 Lite Root & Install Magisk
The main reason for the fast growth of the model is the set of features that the company provides in the device. The features that are coming with the devices are the best in the price range of the device. The device comes with custom ROM which is also liked by many people. But they are also few people those wanted to improve the experience even more by rooting the device. Rooting the devices gives the power to do whatever we wanted to do with the device from customizations to the enabling of extra features.
Check out: How To Use CloudFlare 126.96.36.199 DNS On Android
In this procedure, we will be rooting the device using Magisk. Follow the steps carefully or else you will end up with a brick device.
- Patched ramdisk image for Huawei P20 Lite – patched_ramdisk.img
- Stock ramdisk image (For unrooting) – original_ramdisk.img
- Download Magisk Tool to Root your device.
- As we mention in any step the first and important step is to take a complete backup of the device. Make sure to take a complete backup of your device before proceeding. Here’s how to Create A Full Backup
- Secondly, you must unlock the bootloader of Huawei device which is the most important thing. [Link]
- Make sure you have latest ADB and Fastboot tool.
- Download and install Huawei drivers and also Android SDK Tools on your computer.
Steps to Root Huawei P20 Lite
- We need a device with bootloader unlocked device [Link].
- Switch off your device and connect the device to the computer by holding Volume Down button using a USB cable.
- Your device will be in Fastboot mode.
- Download the Pathed ramdisk IMG file from the download section above and transfer the file to C;\adb folder.
- In the same folder hold the Shift key and right click and select open PowerShell window here.
- Now you need to confirm your device. Using the following command for that which return your device iD along with the fastboot message.
- Now flash the ramdisk Image for rooting the device using the following command.
fastboot flash ramdisk patched_ramdisk.img
- After that reboot, the device using the following command
That’s it when the device reboots your device is rooted.Now you have extra control on your device and you can do whatever you wanted to do.
Steps to Unroot Huawei P20 Lite
- Boot the device in the fastboot mode using the above method and connect the device to your computer.
- Transfer the downloaded file Original_ramdisk.img from download section above to c:\adb folder.
- Hold the shift key and right click and select open PowerShell here.
- Now flash the stock ROM to unroot the device by the following command
fastboot flash ramdisk original_ramdisk.img
- Now reboot the device with the following command
- After doing the steps you will have the device which is unrooted.
By the above steps, you can root your device or even unroot the device as you wish. But be careful to execute the commands properly, even a small mistake in the command will give unknown results. Hope this guide helped to root Huawei P20 Lite.
Do Check: How to Download SupeSU Zip & Install it!
If you have any issues or need any help, drop them in the comments section below! Stay tuned for more updates!