As a mobile lover, you might have known about the popularity of the Xiaomi handsets and the recent launch of Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite had become a hugely successful phone for Xiaomi. As there are thousands of users of this phone there is a huge demand for rooting this phone is very high. So we are here to present a way to Install TWRP on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite!
Here we got Official TWRP for Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite (code-name: Daisy) and installing TWRP on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite is not a tough task. If you are tech-geek then you can follow the simple installation process mentioned below.
Talking about the device, the Mi A2 Lite comes under the budget segment device launched with Android 8.1 Oreo under the Android One project. If you really don’t like the stock recovery ROM, then you can replace it with TWRP.
Why TWRP Recovery?
TWRP Recovery helps to create full system backups, restore the backup, flash custom ROM’s, stock recovery, installing Mods and more. It’s more like an option to customise your Android device!
To install TWRP on Mi A2 Lite, you need to unlock the bootloader of your device. Of course, it will void your device’s warranty. So you have to try on your own willingness.
- Unlock Bootloader of Mi A2 Lite.
- Take a full backup of your device.
- Try only on Mi A2 Lite.
Download TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
Download TWRP 18.104.22.168 (Daisy) for Mi A2 Lite – Link
Download TWRP Installer for Mi A2 Lite – Link
How to Install TWRP on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
Firstly there are a few things that need to be done before we need to move to the actual procedure. We need some tools and some steps that are required to begin the process.
- The first and important that must be done is to have a complete backup of all the data of your device on an external storage like a computer. This helps you to restore if you have done something wrong
- Next is to unlock the bootloader which is required and an important step
- We require ADB tools, so make sure you already installed on your computer.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Mi A2 Lite
Follow the steps carefully and you will successfully install the TWRP on your device
- After downloading the official release of TWRP, move to the ADB folder.
In our case,
Move the downloaded “twrp-3.2.3-0-daisy.img” to the ADB folder.
Then transfer the “twrp-installer-daisy-3.2.3-0.zip” to your device SD card.
- Turn off your device and Hold Volume Down button and press the Power button simultaneously.
- Connect the Mi A2 Lite to your PC. Open a command prompt from the ADB directory and enter the following command,
fastboot boot twrp-3.2.3-0-daisy.img
- This command will help you boot the device. Now navigate to install and browse to the twrp-installer-daisy-3.2.3-0.zip and install the zip.
- That’s it! Once done, just reboot your device.
How to Root Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite Using Magisk?
Now to this, we need the Magisk software and after installing and rooting we need MagisK manager to manage the settings of a rooted phone. Download these two from the below links
Steps to Root Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
For rooting follow these steps carefully or else you will end up on the brick stage.
- First, download the above files and move them to the internal storage of your device.
- We also need to enable developer options. This can be done by moving on to settings and click on build number 7 times.
- Now following the above-mentioned method boot your device to TWRP mode.
- Now when you are in TWRP mode click on install and you will see the Magisk zip file and now clicking on it will ask your confirmation to install. Swipe from left to right to confirm the installation.
- Now after the process is down reboot and you are done.
Now you have successfully installed the Magisk and now after rebooting install the Magisk manager that you have downloaded from the above link and it will help you to manage the settings.
Hope this guidepost on How to Install TWRP on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite along with How to Root Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite devices easily. If you are facing any issues while executing the above-mentioned steps, let us know in the comment section below!
Do stay tuned for more tutorials and latest updates on Android! Cheers!