Check out How to Download & Install Android 9 Pie on Xiaomi Mi 3/Mi 4. This is an unofficial AOSP Android Pie Custom ROM for Mi 3/Mi 4. Let’s get started to Update Xiaomi Mi3/Mi4 to Android 9 Pie by installing latest AOSP 9.0 ROM (Codename:
If you are so eager about Android P, then install it via AOSP ROM. Thanks to XDA senior developer “vasishath” who has flashed ported Android 9.0 Pie for the Mi 3/Mi 4. This is an initial build of AOSP 9.0 ROM for Mi 3/Mi 4. The ROM comes with many Android P features and may have major bugs.
If you are interested to experience the features of Android P on Xiaomi Mi 3/Mi 4, then you can try to Install Android P ASOP ROM on Xiaomi Mi 3/Mi 4. Wonder how to Install Android 9.0 Pie Via AOSP ROM on Xiaomi Mi 3/Mi 4?
All you need to be is a rooted device, and TWRP installed on your device to use this ROM. Just download and Install Android 9 Pie on Xiaomi Mi 3/Mi 4 from below.
Unofficial AOSP Android Pie ROM for Xiaomi Mi 3/Mi 4
The Xiaomi Mi 3/Mi 4 Android Pie ROM updates bring some Android P features which include Digital Wellbeing dashboard, iPhone X-like swipe navigation, Smart replies, App actions, Adaptive Brightness, Adaptive Battery and more.
Regarding the custom ASOP ROM for Xiaomi devices, everything is working without any issues. But you might face some NFC issues on Xiaomi Mi 3 and unable to increase or decrease volume. The Android 9.0 AOSP Pie ROM for Xiaomi Mi 3/Mi 4 doesn’t have any other issues!
The ASOP 9.0 ROM does not include Google apps and services like Play store. After installing the ASOP Android Pie Rom on Xiaomi Mi 3/Mi 4, users have to flash or Install Android Pie GApps separately on the Mi 3/Mi 4 device.
In order to Install AOSP 9.0 update for Mi3/Mi4 or Install Android 9 Pie on Mi 3/Mi 4 users need to wipe system.
ASOP ROM Details:
ROM OS Version: Android 9.0.0 Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Status: Stable Release
Release Date: 2018-08-14
- NFC not working on Mi3
- Unable to increase or decrease volume.
Let’s get started on How to Install AOSP Custom ROM based on Android 9.0 Pie on Mi 3/Mi 4 Cancro.
- Need Root access on Xiaomi Mi 3/Mi 4.
- Install TWRP Custom Recovery on your device.
- Unlocked bootloader & USB Debugging must be enabled.
- Take a complete Backup of your device.
- Make sure your phone has at least 50-60% charged.
- The Custom ROM shared here only works on Xiaomi Mi 3/Mi 4 (LTE).
Download Android 9.0 Pie for Xiaomi Mi 3/Mi 4
|AOSP 9.0 ROM for Xiaomi Mi 3 and Xiaomi Mi 4||Download Links|
|Download AOSP Pie For Mi 3/Mi 4 (||Link|
|Download Google Apps (Android Pie)||Link, (Mirror)|
Steps to Install Android 9 Pie on Xiaomi Mi 3/Mi 4 (AOSP)
- Download the required files from above and copy the files to your microSD card.
- Turn off your mobile and enter Recovery Mode. To enter Recovery mode just Press & Hold Volume Down + Power Key for a while.
- Now ‘Wipe and Format Option’ followed by ‘Wipe data, System, Cache and Dalvik Cache’ via TWRP custom recovery.
- Back to recovery menu and click the Install in TWRP & flash ROM option.
- Go to the downloaded files and select ASOP ROM file and Swipe to the right side for beginning the flashing process.
- Once the flashing process is done you need to install Gapps.
- You can simply install the Gapps by following the above method and Wipe Caches.
- Reboot your device. Your Xiaomi Mi 3/Mi 4 should Boot on Android 9.0 Pie!
Hope you found this guidepost helps you to Download and Install Android 9 Pie AOSP Custom ROM on Xiaomi Mi 3/Mi 4. Also, check the Android P Updates for Xiaomi Mi A1 device.
Got problem while trying to Install Android 9 Pie on Xiaomi Mi 3/Mi 4 (AOSP ROM)?
If you have any questions while installing the Android P or facing any issues while trying to Install Android P on Xiaomi Mi 3/Mi 4, then do let us know in comments below.
Don’t forget to share this guide with others. Happy Flashing ROM!
Via – XDA