These days, many Android smartphones started getting the new Android 9 update or via custom ROMs. So today, Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 gets Android 9.0 Pie via AOSP ROM. You can Install Stable Android 9.0 Pie AOSP Port on Redmi Note 4 and 4X. This post is all about, Download & Install Android 9 Pie on Redmi Note 4/4x.
Earlier we shared Android P Update for Pixel Devices, Essential Phone and for Nexus 5X. So here we got the Android 9 Pie based AOSP custom ROM for Redmi Note 4. The ROM comes without any major bugs and the Android 9 Port for Redmi 4 is a Stable version. But you may face hardware encryption issues.
The Android 9 Pie update for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 is available right now via ASOP Custom ROM. Thanks to XDA senior member “abhishek987” who released Android Pie for Redmi Note 4/4x unofficially.
If you are interested to experience the features of Android P on Redmi Note 4, then you can try to Install Android 9 Pie on Redmi Note 4. Wonder how to Install Android 9.0 Pie Via AOSP ROM on Redmi Note 4? Check the below section!
Unofficial AOSP Android Pie ROM for Redmi Note 4
Android P, comes with lots of new features and with improvements. The Android Pie for Redmi Note 4 updates comes with Digital Wellbeing dashboard, Gesture-based Navigation, Smart replies, App actions & Slices, Adaptive Brightness, Adaptive Battery and more. Once you install Android 9 Pie on Redmi Note 4 on Redmi Note 4, you can experience all the features of Android 9.0 Pie.
The ASOP ROM does not include Google apps and services like Play store. After installing the ASOP Android Pie Rom on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, users have to flash or Install Android P GApps separately on their device.
In order to Install Android 9 Pie on Redmi Note 4 users need to install Treble-enabled TWRP recovery on Redmi Note 4. Check the ROM details below.
ASOP ROM Details:
ROM OS Version: Android 9.0.0 Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
ROM Firmware Required: Treble-Enable Device
Status: Stable Stable
Release Date: 2018-08-12
Let’s get started on How to Install AOSP Custom ROM based on Android 9.0 Pie on Redmi Note 4/4x.
- Install Treble-enabled TWRP recovery on your device.
- Take a complete Backup of your device.
- Make sure your phone has at least 50-60% charged.
- The Custom ROM shared here only works on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
Steps to Install Android 9 Pie on Redmi Note 4 (AOSP)
To Install Android 9 Pie on Redmi Note 4, you need to follow 2 major steps as mentioned below. Don’t forget to download the required tools from below. Follow the guide as it is!!
Download Android 9.0 Pie for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
|Android Pie AOSP ROM for Redmi Note 4||Download Links|
|Download AOSP Pie For Xiaomi Redmi Note 4||Link (495MB)|
|Download GApps for Android Pie||Link|
|Download Treble-Enabled TWRP Recovery||Link|
1Install Treble Enabled TWRP on Redmi Note 4
- Download the recovery image file from above.
- Boot your device into Fastboot mode.
- Enter the following command to flash the recovery,
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
2Install AOSP 9.0 ROM on Redmi Note 4
- Download the required files from above and move the files to your microSD card.
- Turn off your mobile and enter Recovery Mode. To enter Recovery mode just Press & Hold Volume Down + Power Key for a while.
- Now go to, ‘Wipe’ >> ‘Advanced Wipe’ followed by ‘Cache, Dalvik/ART cache, System, and Data.’ via TWRP custom recovery.
- Back to recovery menu and click the Install in TWRP & flash ROM option. Go to the downloaded files and select ‘aosp_mido-ota-eng.abhishek.zip’.
- To flash the ROM, Swipe the button to the right side and install Android Pie on Redmi Note 4.
- Once the flashing process is done you need to install Gapps.
- You can simply install the Gapps by following the above method and Wipe Caches.
- Once done, Reboot your Redmi Note 4. Now your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 should Boot on Android 9.0 Pie!
BONUS (Android P Update for Redmi 4x)
INSTALL ANDROID 9 PIE ON REDMI 4X
We got the Download AOSP Android 9 Pie for the Xiaomi Redmi 4X. You can Install Android 9 Pie on Redmi 4x via AOSP 9.0 Ported ROM. The Custom ROM comes with some bugs but yeah most of the Android 9 features works great!
Before Proceeding to Install Android P on Redmi 4x, do check the development page. Don’t try if you don’t have any technical
Hope you found this guidepost helps you to Download and Install Android 9 Pie AOSP Custom ROM on Redmi Note 4. Do check Android 9 Pie Update for Xiaomi Mi 3/Mi 4.
Got problem while trying to Install Android 9 Pie on Redmi Note 4 (AOSP ROM)?
If you have any questions while installing the Android P or facing any issues while trying to Install Android P on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, then do let us know in comments below.
Don’t forget to share this guide with others.
Stay tuned for more updates on Android P at All Droid Tips!