OnePlus already released stable Android Pie update for OnePlus 6 devices and here again they re-releasing Android 9.0 Pie OTA Update via OxygenOS 9.0 for OnePlus 6. You can Download OxygenOS 9.0.1 for OnePlus 6 from here below. If you are looking for some tutorial to Install OxygenOS 9.0.1 on OnePlus 6 (Full ROM), then this post will help you!
If your devices run on OxygenOS Open Beta then you will not get the stable OTA update. Yeah, OnePlus beta versions are working fine without any issues, but some users want to go back to stable OxygenOS builds. So follow the below guide to Install Stable Android 9 Pie OTA update on OnePlus 6 (OxygenOS 9.0 / OxygenOS 9.0.1)
Talking about the new released OxygenOS 9.0, the update comes with bug fixes along with many features and it just weights around 92MB. If you are interested to Install OxygenOS 9.0 on OnePlus 6 runs OxygenOS Open Beta 3 then the installation process is very simple!
OnePlus 6 OxygenOS 9.0.1 Features and Changelogs
- Updated system to Android™ 9.0 Pie™
- Brand new UI for Android Pie
- New adaptive battery support
- New Android Pie gesture navigation
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.9
- Other new features and system improvements
- Do Not Disturb mode
- New Do Not Disturb (DND) mode with adjustable settings
- New Gaming mode 3.0
- Added text notification mode
- Added notification for 3rd party calls
- Accent color
- Supported accent color customization
So first you have to roll back to a stable OxygenOS version! Then you have to install the stable OxygenOS 9.0.1 OTA update on OnePlus 6 devices. So I’ve made 2 tutorial sections below!
- Keep your phone charged up to at least 60%.
- Install TWRP Recovery or any other recovery tool.
- Backup your contents in case you need it.
- This Android Pie ROM is meant only for OnePlus 6 [OP 6].
Download OxygenOS 9.0.1 for OnePlus 6Download OxygenOS 9.0.1 Full ROM for OnePlus 6 – Link OxygenOS 9.0.1 OTA for OnePlus 6 – Coming Soon
How to Roll Back from Open Beta to Stable OxygenOS
- In order to do that, download the OxygenOS for your device from Here.
- Navigate to Settings > System Updates > Menu (Click on Top Right corner icon).
- Choose Local Upgrade > Tap on Installation Package and immediate upgrade.
- The Rollback process will get started and you have to wait for a few minutes.
- Once done, you need to reboot your device.
How to Install OxygenOS 9.0.1 on OnePlus 6
- First, you have to download the OxygenOS 9.0.1 OTA from here.
- Move the downloaded file to your device internal storage.
- Open Settings > System Updates > Settings Icon > Local Upgrade and Select the OTA File.
- The system would prompt ‘Upgrade now’. Click on it and to proceed to start the installation process.
- Now, just wait for a while until it completes installation on your device.
- Your smartphone will restart by default after flashing.