Android 9 Pie beta for Nokia 6.1 Plus is now available via otaFrom last month, HMD been releasing new updates for its devices and now we are receiving Android 9 Pie Beta Update for Nokia 6.1 Plus (2018) and Nokia 8 smartphones. Check out how to download and install Android 9 Pie Beta for Nokia 6.1 Plus via OTA file.Earlier we got the Android Pie Stable Update Nokia 7 Plus devices and it continues for other Nokia mobiles too. This info was shared by HMD’s Chief Product Officer in his Twitter handle.
Hungry for pie? ???? If you’re a Nokia 6.1 Plus user, you’ll be happy to know that Android 9 is now available to test in #Nokiamobilebetalabs. https://t.co/siaoX5xEmR #Nokiamobile #Android9 pic.twitter.com/0oiLr0NI09
— Juho Sarvikas (@sarvikas) 9 October 2018
This version will be the latest Android 9 Pie update with new improvements and bug fixes along with better system optimizations. The Android 9 Pie Beta builds can be downloaded through Nokia Beta Labs Program.
What’s new in Android 9 Pie Beta for Nokia 6.1 Plus
- New system navigation, settings menu and notification system.
- Adaptive Battery power prioritization for users’ most commonly used apps and services.
- Adaptive and optimized brightness level.
- Predictive Application Actions.
- New camera with new UI, Google Lens, and Google motion integration.
- Other Android 9 Pie native features, bug fixes and optimizations.
How to Join Nokia Beta Labs Progam?
- Visit Nokia Beta Labs webpage and sign up for a membership.
- Once you sign-in, enter your device IMEI number & other required details.
- Accept the license terms and register for beta labs.
- Once done, you will receive the Android 9 Pie Beta software update via OTA.
How to Install Android 9 Pie Beta on Nokia 6.1 Plus?This is an OTA update so it may take some time to reach your device. If not, you can download & install it manually. Let’s check out how to Download Android 9.0 Pie for Nokia 6.1 Plus from below.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked.
- Install ADB and Fastboot tools on your computer.
- Your device should have more than 50% battery charge.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.
- It works only on Nokia 6.1 Plus (2018) variants.
Download Android 9 Pie Beta for Nokia 6.1 Plus
Download Android 9 Pie OTA for Nokia 6.1 Plus – Update Soon
Install Android 9 Pie on Nokia 6.1 Plus
- Make sure you have enabled USB debugging and Installed ADB on your PC.
- Download Android Pie OTA for Nokia 6.1 Plus from above and move the downloaded ROM file to adb folder.
- Turn Off your device and boot into recovery mode.
- Now tap, Apply Update from ADB.
- Connect your device to PC and Open the Terminal or Command box.
- Enter the following command,
- Find your device listed there. If you found your device, then you’re ready to flash the ROM.
- To flash the OTA file on your Nokia 6.1 Plus, enter the below command,
adb sideload File Name.zip
- Wait for a while, once the process completes Reboot the device. When you reboot your device, you will see the Android Pie Loading on your Nokia 6.1 Plus.